** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
OC have removed the "ETA 12th October" from the website. I called, after 15 minutes, got to speak to someone. Apparently there have been 64 Pre-Orders made, but they are only expecting a delivery of 50 ish (est). They also don't know when they will get more after this first batch. I'm pre-order number 30, so might be lucky. So anyone thinking of purchasing from OC, don't bother!

Associate
Finally, my 13th June order with the jungle is shipping today for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully it is a better experience than direct from Samsung.

Associate
OC have removed the "ETA 12th October" from the website. I called, after 15 minutes, got to speak to someone. Apparently there have been 64 Pre-Orders made, but they are only expecting a delivery of 50 ish (est). They also don't know when they will get more after this first batch. I'm pre-order number 30, so might be lucky. So anyone thinking of purchasing from OC, don't bother!

Weird I am still seeing it saying "Pre Order (ETA: 12 October 2020)" I preordered about 3 weeks ago so hopefully I am in that first 50

Associate
Been lurking here for a couple of months. I just bit the bullet and ordered the G93 from the Samsung website. From what I've been reading here theres no difference between the G93 and G95. Hopefully its not a dud one. Should come tomorrow before 10.30 so can update then.

Edit: Realised theyre out of stock again on the samsung website. I had a stock alert and ordered within about 30 mins

Very excited/anxious!

Last edited:
Associate
I really wanted a G9 but after following the thread its put me off; there doesnt seem to be a consistent end to the issues, folks are still getting old stock.
(In addition to the unresovled 30xx series black screen @ 240Hz)

I remeber getting a first gen 4k Dell monitor, it was a nightmare. After 5 RMA's the issues were never fixed; very much bleeding edge hardware.

Associate
It took a lot of deliberation. I have seen a lot of bad reviews, more bad than good. However there have been good reviews for some of the earlier builds. I'm going with the assumption that the people who got good monitors would just get on with it and not comment online. So maybe not as skewed to bad builds. This is what I'm telling myself anyway hahaha.

Will be interesting to see if it has been repackaged, in which case it will definatly be sent back.

Associate
It took a lot of deliberation. I have seen a lot of bad reviews, more bad than good. However there have been good reviews for some of the earlier builds. I'm going with the assumption that the people who got good monitors would just get on with it and not comment online. So maybe not as skewed to bad builds. This is what I'm telling myself anyway hahaha.

Will be interesting to see if it has been repackaged, in which case it will definatly be sent back.

I'd go further and simply send it back if its built earlier than July. That would be my advice - seems most issues were sorted by then.

Associate
I'd go further and simply send it back if its built earlier than July. That would be my advice - seems most issues were sorted by then.

If its properly boxed I'll plug it in and give it a go and test it all out. If its Ok ill keep an eye on it for a week. It's such a lucky dip. And I really need a screen. Just using my 15" laptop screen atm and not being very productive.

Associate
I was happy to wait but the price made it worth the risk. Now hoping it goes through and gets dispatched, and that it's not a June model.

There are reports online of may/june models being OK. Its luck of the draw.

I'm pretty sure I seen it earlier in the thread but can't find it now, there is no difference between the G93 and G95?

Associate
I believe they're the same according to someone who spoke to Samsung, different batch numbers apparently. I don't think the two are any different in terms of hardware.

Associate
I believe they're the same according to someone who spoke to Samsung, different batch numbers apparently. I don't think the two are any different in terms of hardware.

Excellent, think it's a bit strange to have 2 different web pages for two different batches if they're the same product

Back
Top Bottom