Mafia Trilogy Remaster

Why change the intro music? Why change Paulie and Sam's entire skeletal structure not to mention faces? Wtf are these icons on the map that lead to scripted cut scenes during the initial chase? Is it true you can't even ride the sodding trains
The intro music is the same.

But yep everything else I agree with. They force you down a path for a "cool" event, like jumping a ramp they set up, they force you to take the exact route they want you to.

The rubber banding as someone mentioned is annoying too as there were times when I wanted to cut a car off, but go down a different road and the game says you've failed for going too far from the car.

I enjoyed it, but it definitely was far less fun than the original.

People say about the ending being changed but I didn't notice anything different that's worth mentioning a change.

The mission with the cigars and the warehouse where you have to load the truck up. They really changed that one and for the worse imo. The manual labour part has gone which is a shame as the actual loading of the truck and the time and effort it took made the success more rewarding.

Having all cards drivable from the get go is disappointing too. Seeing the better cars and being unable to drive them until later again makes it more rewarding when you finally can drive them.

The game is short. I bought it Friday and finished it Wednesday and that was on full classic mode. I played some checkpoints for what felt like hours just trying to get past one bit. If I'd played on standard setting I imagine I'd have breezed right through this game in one weekend.

The one thing is did make me realised is how much better having a great story with great missions in a game is. The open world of mafia 3 with forgettable missions has nothing on a single mission in mafia. I kept saying to my partner each time a new mission starts, oh this is a good one, then the next, oh this is a good one too. Not one mission was a boring one.

Games needs to remember this.

I hope soon to see a mafia 4 announced and it be the prequel to this game.

Soldato
The mission with the cigars and the warehouse where you have to load the truck up. They really changed that one and for the worse imo. The manual labour part has gone which is a shame as the actual loading of the truck and the time and effort it took made the success more rewarding.

Having all cards drivable from the get go is disappointing too. Seeing the better cars and being unable to drive them until later again makes it more rewarding when you finally can drive them.

See. It’s crap like this that is wrong. The whole loading up a flatbed truck with cigs was meant to pull you into the mission and add immersion to that mission so why remove it? Where is the logic in removing immersive elements which made the game what it was?

Watching vehicles evolve as the game progresses was another thing that was so good about the game. Now they’re all unlocked? I mean wtf *looks around for a bell*

I hate to hear what the hell they’ve done to that Barn mission that takes place at night. Think it involved alcohol robbery or something. That mission was an absolute nightmare at times due to a baddie with a shotgun towards the end of it who is hidden in a small hut.

ne0

ne0

Associate
I never played the original Mafia which by the looks of some of these comments is probably a blessing in disguise :p.

Chop chop devs, get the HDR working on PC and I'll buy it.

I'm watching it now and he said right before the music he was waiting for the music and and intro video with the better graphics, then it happened and he was happy... Where does he say its not the same? I have given up now as when it got to that I stopped. It's the same to me other than perhaps the length they've added more towards the end or something?

What's the point of putting the tram and train all over the maps to never use these and have them rideable? Why did they add lucas bartone to never see him again? Feels they cut some parts to hit the release date and

Soldato
I'm watching it now and he said right before the music he was waiting for the music and and intro video with the better graphics, then it happened and he was happy... Where does he say its not the same? I have given up now as when it got to that I stopped. It's the same to me other than perhaps the length they've added more towards the end or something?

What's the point of putting the tram and train all over the maps to never use these and have them rideable? Why did they add lucas bartone to never see him again? Feels they cut some parts to hit the release date and
6 mins in

Soldato
OP
See. It’s crap like this that is wrong. The whole loading up a flatbed truck with cigs was meant to pull you into the mission and add immersion to that mission so why remove it? Where is the logic in removing immersive elements which made the game what it was?

Watching vehicles evolve as the game progresses was another thing that was so good about the game. Now they’re all unlocked? I mean wtf *looks around for a bell*

I hate to hear what the hell they’ve done to that Barn mission that takes place at night. Think it involved alcohol robbery or something. That mission was an absolute nightmare at times due to a baddie with a shotgun towards the end of it who is hidden in a small hut.

Not all vehicles are accessible from the start, some vehicles become available at later years (i.e. the fast cars) so there is some progression. There does seem to be less vehicles though, they're missing a guardian or crusader, one of the fast cars, a Model B family car (it goes straight to the Sherbet [not the proper name but that's what I read it as])

I think they've streamlined it a lot because there is a whole generation, or two even, of gamers who never played the original, and that level of busy work would simply be unacceptable. In my opinion that stacking boxes bit was and is a chore having played Mafia 1 again recently; even Mafia 2 did a little dig at it in the early mission stacking one box for the bossman at the docks. Having said that, the DE has a forced stealth mission in place of this and I prefer the former (just about).

I don't really miss the public transport. I never used it and it was a pain using it in the one mission you were forced to. If by not including it they gave themselves an extra few weeks to get the driving as good as it is (or whatever) then I think that's fair. Lucas Bertone being removed has removed several hours of gameplay and I am hoping it doesn't reappear as "Lucas' Adventures" or whatever.

To be honest I don't view it as a replacement for Mafia 1, it sits alongside it. I play Mafia 1 every year or so and I will probably play both again.

Soldato
Not all vehicles are accessible from the start, some vehicles become available at later years (i.e. the fast cars) so there is some progression. There does seem to be less vehicles though, they're missing a guardian or crusader, one of the fast cars, a Model B family car (it goes straight to the Sherbet [not the proper name but that's what I read it as])

I think they've streamlined it a lot because there is a whole generation, or two even, of gamers who never played the original, and that level of busy work would simply be unacceptable. In my opinion that stacking boxes bit was and is a chore having played Mafia 1 again recently; even Mafia 2 did a little dig at it in the early mission stacking one box for the bossman at the docks. Having said that, the DE has a forced stealth mission in place of this and I prefer the former (just about).

I don't really miss the public transport. I never used it and it was a pain using it in the one mission you were forced to. If by not including it they gave themselves an extra few weeks to get the driving as good as it is (or whatever) then I think that's fair. Lucas Bertone being removed has removed several hours of gameplay and I am hoping it doesn't reappear as "Lucas' Adventures" or whatever.

To be honest I don't view it as a replacement for Mafia 1, it sits alongside it. I play Mafia 1 every year or so and I will probably play both again.

I think you only had to move 1 box in the original, and the luca missions are postcards on a board in his garage

Soldato
You can do Lucas stuff as the story unfolds but it works differently. There are 5 postcards on the wall in his garage that give you hints about hidden car locations.

Back
Top Bottom