How do to get macbook keyboard fixed during the apocalypse

Associate
I bought a 2019 macbook pro from curries around xmas and can't begin to tell you how much I regret buying this laptop due to how unreliable the keyboard is, at least compared to my 2015 air.

It has the infamous issues with dust and crumbs disabling keys. And now half the time i open the lid it takes 10 seconds for the keyboard to connect, sometimes not seeing it at all.

i'm 6 months in. Does anyone know what the easiest way towards getting it seen to with apples stores shut? Do you send it to apple? Wait for apple stores to open? Take it back to curries?

I've bust a couple of keys trying to clean it already so they might not even be that helpful.....

Last edited:
Soldato
I assume it’s a 13”, the 16” no longer has the dodgy keyboard design.

Phone Apple, they’ll pick it up, fixit and send it back to you. It normally takes a week but may take longer at the moment.

Either that or try and get a refund from Curries and buy a 2020 model with the new keyboard design. To be honest this would be my first port of call as it isn’t fit for purpose.

Soldato
I bought a 2019 macbook pro from curries around xmas and can't begin to tell you how much I regret buying this laptop due to how unreliable the keyboard is, at least compared to my 2015 air.

It has the infamous issues with dust and crumbs disabling keys. And now half the time i open the lid it takes 10 seconds for the keyboard to connect, sometimes not seeing it at all.

i'm 6 months in. Does anyone know what the easiest way towards getting it seen to with apples stores shut? Do you send it to apple? Wait for apple stores to open? Take it back to curries?

I've bust a couple of keys trying to clean it already so they might not even be that helpful.....
Shops reopen on 15th - heavily reduced access to Genius Bar though and pre book only

Associate
OP
I should add the issue your reporting isn’t “dust gate” - it’s not related to the keyboard design.. just unfortunate

Not sure I follow, can you explain please?

I have two problems, sticky keys that feel clogged up, and don't work half the time. And another problem with connection after lidding the lid.

I'm presuming first issue is 'dust gate'?

Associate
OP
Apple replaced the entire top case of the laptop, and it's good as new now. Suspect it's a newer design keyboard as well. They send to czech. But still took under a week.

So happy on balance. No more toast

Back
Top Bottom