• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3080 Owners Thread

Associate
Ok so got my palit today seems to be a nice overclocker added 172mhz and it boosts as high as 2.1ghz.

Only thing is I'm not seeing hardly anymore frames over my 2080ti.

Withcer 3 for example 5120*1440 maxed out I'm getting around 90fps.
Same res on destiny 2 getting around 90-100fps. I got those levels on my 2080ti?

Am I missing something here?

Associate
Ok so got my palit today seems to be a nice overclocker added 172mhz and it boosts as high as 2.1ghz.

Same res on destiny 2 getting around 90-100fps. I got those levels on my 2080ti?

CPU bottleneck?

Associate

CPU bottleneck most likely. Have you ever checked GPU utilisation?

Associate
Super simple. Just be sure to close GeForce Experience from the system tray before you start (it'll prompt you to do so if you don't).

I

Here's the non-OC link https://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=3739&lang=en&pn=NED3080019IA-132AA&tab=do - looks like you don't have to find out.

I kinda forgot to check if I had downloaded the OC or the non-OC one (I have the non-OC card) :eek:

Seems to be running fine thankfully. I've just been playing GTA 5 for the past couple of hours without issue. They're identical cards though, just that the OC comes with a factory overclock.

have this same card. Running it at about 170mhz boosts over 2.1ghz with no issues.

Can I ask what type of fps you're getting in games? It's currently no higher than my 2080ti.

Playing witcher 3 and destiny 2 in 5120*1440 (less intense than 4k) and getting around 80-105fps.

Associate
Ok this is really weird guys. On my 4k setting for witcher 3 I'm averaging around 80fps.

On my ultrawide monitor I'm averaging around the same maybe a little higher.

On my 2080ti I was approx 20% higher in 5120*1440 resolution.
I'm baffled

Permabanned
Anyone with a Corsair PSU have a lead on the 12-Pin cable? I know the card comes with an adapter but looking for something neater. I found a page on Corsair for it but it links to retailers who don't seem to have it. The other option would be Cablemod but they don't seem to have it in stock yet.

Associate
Anyone with a Corsair PSU have a lead on the 12-Pin cable? I know the card comes with an adapter but looking for something neater. I found a page on Corsair for it but it links to retailers who don't seem to have it. The other option would be Cablemod but they don't seem to have it in stock yet.

As far as I'm aware they're not quite ready to release yet. Did you sign up for the release notification on their site?

Back
Top Bottom