New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Ok lame question time which cable is going to give me the better results hdmi or dp? i will be hooking it upto an rx5700 xt pulse

Soldato
Ok lame question time which cable is going to give me the better results hdmi or dp? i will be hooking it upto an rx5700 xt pulse
DP will give you 165hz and HDMI will give you 144hz

taken from the product page

Native Resolution
QHD 2560 x 1440 (DisplayPort: 165 Hz, HDMI: 144 Hz)

Received mine today. Clearly a previously returned model - rips in the protective white sleeve, scuffs on the power cord, dirt in the bezels.... I guess this is what they do with all the monitors returned, send them straight out again. The bezel gap at the top two corners is a good 2mm, yet there is no bezel gap in the bottom corners. Very strange.

Has anyone returned theirs? What's the process like?

So mine had pretty bad glow on the left half of the screen, not just ips glow but a haze that covered like 50% of the left half of the panel. Wasn’t noticeable during the day while I’m working on it but I felt something was off. decided to try out a few games in the evening when no sun was shining through my window and noticed it. Rang up dell and the product service number was registered under someone else’s name! I suspect they sent me someone else’s return. They agreed to send me a brand new panel, hopefully it’s better than the last. Unacceptable that this could happen but to be fair their customer service was very friendly and apologetic.

how can I check what I receive is in fact brand new? The security seal was just a tape on the last one, does dell put their own logo on the seal? Anyway I can verify the next one hasn’t been used before?

Seems like I'm not the only one with a second hand monitor (one of several issues). By product service number, do you mean serial number? In terms of the return, are they picking up your current monitor when they deliver a new one?

Soldato
My screen seems brand new, it's got bezel gaps, but that doesn't bother me, didn't notice them until I checked. I've downloaded an ICC profile from a youtube review but want to make sure I've got a better calibration.

The HDR doesn't seem crap, you need to make sure the right HDR option is set on the monitor which seems to differ depending on what content you're watching. It's also nice this monitor has some degree of local dimming.

Associate
Seems like I'm not the only one with a second hand monitor (one of several issues). By product service number, do you mean serial number? In terms of the return, are they picking up your current monitor when they deliver a new one?

they said they will send a new one then let me know when to send the old one back. I’m just waiting for the confirmation email of when it’s going to ship

Associate
Just received mine, first impressions are good.. first thing I did was turn off desktop HDR (is that meant to be on by default??)2

I get the feeling this is not a new sealed unit though, was some finger prints on the stand.. but if no issues crop up i don't mind!

Just need to wait till tonight to test what the backlight bleed is like.

Associate
Received mine today, 100% sure its new box was sealed everything else sealed and no fingerprints. Seems ok i play dayz and the setting rpg game seems the nicest. Other than that is hdr meant to be on or off?

Associate
Ordered on Wednesday with an estimated delivery on 6th October. It arrived today. Box sealed and the monitor looks excellent. Im coming from an Lg 1080 superwide so text and split-screen use smaller than I'm used to. But gaming looks so much better. Roll on my new PC!

Associate
Just realised that the 20% off sale expires on the 5th so quickly got my order in with a student discount totalling roughly £330. Now to figure out how to get an EVGA 3080 before 2021....

Back
Top Bottom