MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Associate
I dunno about that. It's a bug, and it wants fixing.
weird that you can't replicate. Can't think what could be different about just attaching some disks :)

Timed my flash, btw: it was 7 minutes 02 seconds. Still a bit long, the tension is killing me.

Do you have any ATA/ATAPI-related or boot settings that differ from standard?

Last edited:
Associate
weird that you can't replicate. Can't think what could be different about just attaching some disks :)

Timed my flash, btw: it was 7 minutes 02 seconds. Still a bit long, the tension is killing me.

Do you have any ATA/ATAPI-related or boot settings that differ from standard?

My bios program time was exactly the same as you.
I am now also seeing the same physical HDD posting as both Sata1 and Sata3. My boot drive is NVMe

I think boot-up time has improved, task manager is giving me a bios time of 12 seconds.

Associate
My bios program time was exactly the same as you.
I am now also seeing the same physical HDD posting as both Sata1 and Sata3. My boot drive is NVMe

I think boot-up time has improved, task manager is giving me a bios time of 12 seconds.
Nice to see confirmation of this little bug.

Associate
Have either of you tried resetting to defaults (even if everything is already default) and then clearing CMOS?
It's not annyoing me, as it's only on the POST screen, just wanted to confirm for the OP that he wasn't alone in seeing the issue.

However, it appears MSI bios updates automatically resets everything to default, as this is my 2nd bios update and each time I lose my ram settings and fan profiles.

Associate
Have either of you tried resetting to defaults (even if everything is already default) and then clearing CMOS?
I did try resetting to defaults (which seems to happen after every BIOS flash anyway?) by using "load optimized defaults".

I did not manually dig in and clear the cmos though. Would surpise me if that's the issue.

Associate
It's not annyoing me, as it's only on the POST screen, just wanted to confirm for the OP that he wasn't alone in seeing the issue.

However, it appears MSI bios updates automatically resets everything to default, as this is my 2nd bios update and each time I lose my ram settings and fan profiles.

I did try resetting to defaults (which seems to happen after every BIOS flash anyway?) by using "load optimized defaults".

I did not manually dig in and clear the cmos though. Would surpise me if that's the issue.
It does reset to default but sometimes old values get stuck and it's necessarily to reset CMOS, that's why there's a reset feature. Sometimes the reset option in the BIOS is enough but sometimes a CMOS reset is required and sometimes it's even necessarily to remove the battery for 30 mins because it just won't clear. If it was me It'd be the first thing to try with any BIOS weirdness after a flash. Just to rule it out. You shouldn't load any saved BIOS profiles on a new BIOS version either, settings may of been renamed or moved or the back end values changed. If it's not bothering you though leave it.

Soldato
I noticed when I first powered up and went into bios, it looks to be running the original bios version.

Everything seems to work great, but I haven't had chance to dial in my tight memory settings yet.
If everything is OK, any reason to update the bios? Or would I be missing out on some amazing performance boost msi introduced :D

Soldato
Thinking about getting one of these for Zen 3. Seems like it’s solid with no major issues?

I’ve already today bought Ballistix RGB 3600MHz 32GB cas 16. Seems to get good reviews and hopefully would be a good pairing.

Associate
Thinking about getting one of these for Zen 3. Seems like it’s solid with no major issues?

I’ve already today bought Ballistix RGB 3600MHz 32GB cas 16. Seems to get good reviews and hopefully would be a good pairing.

That's pretty much what I have waiting for a Zen 3 CPU too, though I went with the 8-pack memory.

Back
Top Bottom