• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Never used this before pretty shocked to see 1400 ish as my number and just goes to show i wont see the card this side of christmas.

The calculator worked out something like 2245 so it's off somewhere.

Bear in mind that it's basing that on the orders since order-zero all being 3080s. If you ordered days later, there's a very good chance that a lot of the orders weren't for 3080s and so the calculator will be off by one (thousand) or so.

Associate
I would ignore the unofficial calculator for any orders after 17 September as it assumes every order since 2pm on 17 September has been for a 3080, which clearly it has not. Therefore, it is prone to over-estimating later orders. Even for orders on 17 September, it will likely be a fair amount out as different cards were popular at different times that day (whereas the calculator assumes an average popularity of cards based on the data in the spreadsheet). It is just a best guess, given the data available.

You should also be aware that the spreadsheet is only a small sample of orders so just counting those up won't give you the right position either.

I would just wait for OCUK's official email, whenever they finally decide to send it.

Yes, just completely ignore it. I rang yesterday and the calculator was well off for the card that I ordered, orders are nowhere near what people would have you believe.

Associate
Also, spoke to the guys the other day (asked to collect due to living in Stoke) and they reiterated everything that we know:

"We've created a system to email customers their queue positions, which we're planning on doing weekly, and I believe we're working on emailing queue positions to customers within the next few days, but the best place to keep up with stock updates at the moment will be this forum thread: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...deliveries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/ - We in customer services don't know anything more than what Gibbo has already written here, sorry"

Associate
I did a manual search through the spreadsheet on the unofficial calculator for the TUF (Non-OC) and I've worked out im 372 in the queue, ordered on the 19th at 11am. The calculator worked out something like 2245 so it's off somewhere.

Bah... if anyone could cancel their ordered, that'd be great.
Did you happen to just count all the cards down the list before yours ?

Associate
Hi guys i am new here but this unofficial queue calculator seems to be completely useless shows 273 ASU’s Strix oc in the system and telling me I am 1250 in the queue how that is even close to true.
:D:D:D

Associate
Hi guys i am new here but this unofficial queue calculator seems to be completely useless shows 273 ASU’s Strix oc in the system and telling me I am 1250 in the queue how that is even close to true.
:D:D:D

I'll copy what I wrote on the app itself.
"These are not all the cards that overclockers sold nor are they all that are sold of one type this is the data that we currently have"

Associate
I've read that before, but you need to remember that Ampere is a technology not a GPU, and several Nvidia chip families are based on it. It was announced in Q1 and production of Ampere had begun before it was announced, so plenty of time to get the yields up to scratch.

Remember also Foxconn are stuffing the boards and their pick and place capacity is mind boggling, millions of cards per hour, not per month are possible if required. I do wonder if the caps issue is the real reason behind low supplies and not component availability.

Associate
I always been a happy customer with OCUK, never had issues with them, i'm more than happy waiting for my X Trio, just hoping I will get it before 10th November, like 2 month window or so, got my 1070 maxQ at the moment, runs bloody hot in the alienware m15 lol

10th of Novemeber Destiny 2 beyond light with a RTX 3080, and to play Runescape at 4k ;) mad yes but who cares worked my hind off for this, this summer!

As long as the staff at OCUK respects peoples order Ques and don't push other orders who ordered after up front, then all is good no one should have a quarrel with them

Last edited:
Associate
I always been a happy customer with OCUK, never had issues with them, i'm more than happy waiting for my X Trio, just hoping I will get it before 10th November, like 2 month window or so, got my 1070 maxQ at the moment
Man I'm waiting on zotac trinity lol I probably have a longer wait

Associate
Because normally if you Pre order something money up front in the normal way you kinda of expect it within a month not knowing is not right

Thats up to the person to decide if they want to pre-order something without a release date. I totally understand people not knowing who ordered at launch being frustrated - im one of them, but that has nothing to do with new people pre-ordering

Associate
I always been a happy customer with OCUK, never had issues with them, i'm more than happy waiting for my X Trio, just hoping I will get it before 10th November, like 2 month window or so, got my 1070 maxQ at the moment, runs bloody hot in the alienware m15 lol

10th of Novemeber Destiny 2 beyond light with a RTX 3080, and to play Runescape at 4k ;) mad yes but who cares worked my hind off for this, this summer!

As long as the staff at OCUK respects peoples order Ques and don't push other orders who ordered after up front, then all is good no one should have a quarrel with them

I have to say, playing RuneScape with my MSI Gaming X Trio still only gives me around the 60-70 FPS mark in some locations. Other locations, it can be 100+. That's at 1080p resolution.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, RuneScape isn't the best optimised game it seems.

Back
Top Bottom