Trackmania® 2020

Soldato
First Trackmania game for me :)

Have gotten gold medals on all training + summer 2020 tracks but currently trying to go through all the training and get the author medals... my biggest issue seems to be getting the hang of drifting... any tips? I can't quite work out when to do what e.g. do I release throttle as I brake or what is the exact timing of how to press what?

Soldato
Couldn't resist. It's been a while since I've played TM after having bought most of the games since Sunrise and after a week playing Summer 20 tracks threw some money at the club version and playing EVO full speed Beg mostly right now, poorly I might add.
Hoping at some point we can mod the car model as that always amused me. Used to drive Battlestar Galactica, a cylon raider and a yellow skip complete with mattress back in the day.

Man of Honour
How is everyone getting on with the Summer 2020 tracks? I've got gold on them all and now trying to get the author medals - got 10 so far so am ranked 691 for Summer Games in UK and 472 rank in UK overall (40th in my region). I've only picked up maybe 3-4 trophies online so found it best to rank up via Summer Games.

edit: in the latest patch it seems getting trophies is easier, seems more like the previous games now - https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2251454-23-07-2020-New-update-and-changelog

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Fall 2020 Campaign is now live - https://www.trackmania.com/2020/10/01/the-fall-2020-campaign-is-out/

Trackmania is already 3 months old and it’s time to discover a brand new campaign. The Fall 2020 campaign is composed of 25 new tracks which are available from now on and for free.
The Trackmania campaign changes every season. After 3 months of summer season, 25 new tracks are now available until the end of the year and playable in solo and live modes with the Starter, Standard and Club accesses.

New season means new challenges. Collect the 100 new medals, race against your friends on the Live servers, set new personal records to progress in the worldwide & regionalized rankings, and earn trophies thanks to your medals and your final campaign standing.

If you purchased the Standard or the Club access you will keep the 25 Summer 2020 tracks and will still be able to play them again but the ranking will be frozen. Trophies will be given to every players who took part in the campaign according to the final standings. Congratulations to Hefest who is the Summer 2020 winner and will be rewarded with a rare Trophy 9!

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthre...season-and-changelogs?p=15177204#post15177204

Soldato
Have played a few of the Autumn 2020 tracks and can't say I'm fussed in chasing down author. Have been playing TOTD mainly with limited success. Try as I might I just can't seem to be accurate enough and carry enough speed and the least said about drifting the better.

Still for the money paid I've had good value so far.

Soldato
Anyone else still play trackmania? I started playing it back on the original one and went away from it for many years but the last year ive really got back into it

Im metalface_mark on there if anyone wants to friend up to go through the ranks on the new winter campaign. Im not amazing at it, this was last campaigns figures for me in the uk.

My highlight was a top 4k world time on 21 which is generally considered the toughest of the tracks.

Soldato
TM United was the pinnacle for me.

Great selection of tracks and vehicles.

As good as the "Nations" marketing stunt was, it failed as everyone just wanted to race stadium... ALL THE TIME and did not translate to "full game" sales.

TM2 was a total failure, releasing environments as paid DLC? Useless.

Then removing it from Steam.

Ubisoft and Nadeo are awful.

Soldato
TM United was the pinnacle for me.

Great selection of tracks and vehicles.

As good as the "Nations" marketing stunt was, it failed as everyone just wanted to race stadium... ALL THE TIME and did not translate to "full game" sales.

TM2 was a total failure, releasing environments as paid DLC? Useless.

Then removing it from Steam.

Ubisoft and Nadeo are awful.
What's the difference between TM United and TM United forever?
I have played TM united forever for 5.7 hours but cant even remember it

I mainly played TM Sunrise, but see thats not on Steam. I have the disks somewhere, think it was on multiple CDs

Soldato
What's the difference between TM United and TM United forever?
I have played TM united forever for 5.7 hours but cant even remember it

I mainly played TM Sunrise, but see thats not on Steam. I have the disks somewhere, think it was on multiple CDs
Sorry, it is Forever which I have.

I think that is a combination of Sunrise and others. Maybe slightly reworked.

Soldato
United Forever was an update more or less to United. It had the same environments as I recall just some new maps and stuff, along with mediatracker.

Back
Top Bottom