• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
fortunately something that has changed with the XBox (but not the PS5) for the next generation.

Out of interest, why do you say it's not the case for the PS5? (genuinely curious, not picking a fight)

Is it because of the raw power difference, or the narrative / comms that each company is putting out?

Soldato
I've also used that pre-order link from currys, hopefully have scored my brother a series x
I have 3 on order now, both the other people I have ordered for have been told doesn't matter which arrives first I am having it, you get yours once I have mine :p

Man of Honour
Out of interest, why do you say it's not the case for the PS5? (genuinely curious, not picking a fight)

Is it because of the raw power difference, or the narrative / comms that each company is putting out?
Sony’s first party games generally target 30 FPS, and this hasn’t changed for most of their studios.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, assuming Curry's order OK, think am going to have plenty of stuff to play on launch, even if not all exactly next gen.

Will sell my PC code for valhalla when I get it, and get for XB, and will also be picking up COD:CW, Mortal Shell.

And there is actually a bunch of games on GPU I wanted to get to anyway. With that and All the PS4 games have yet to get to, I don't think am too bothered about upgrading my graphics card for some time yet.

I'm just unsure if I want to keep my series S preorder for living room

Associate
Because the sensible thing to do when a glitch in price or a workaround for a deadline is found is to call the retailer and ask them if it will be honored, thus alerting them to said issue... sheesh.

Associate
The longer I wait for the 3080 to come back in stock the more tempting a XSX & Gamepass + PS5 combo looks. Will be queuing for the pre-order later.

Soldato
Sony’s first party games generally target 30 FPS, and this hasn’t changed for most of their studies.

I would be surprised if this doesn't change with this generation. God of war might be a good barometer, as well as whatever plans there might be for The Last of Us 2. Didn't the remake have a "legacy mode" and an enhanced mode (pretty sure the remastered runs at higher framerates)?

Soldato
Ha that seems to happen a lot now on HDUK, well they say they've called but who knows if they actually have. These glitches are spread so quickly that sites usually clock on quite quickly due to the increase in visitors / orders but I've had a few work out in the past.

Soldato
Well, Curry's aren't really well known for wanting to put in much effort into things, so they may well just not bother to cancel because it might not be worth the hassle. Plus, the automatic scripts probably won't be able to circumvent the queue page like people can on the keyboard manually without some new code being written by the developers, so all the orders now are legitimate orders and not from scalpers so that might be another reason to leave things as they are. It is Curry's though, so who knows!

Back
Top Bottom