• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Unfortunately most people will never have heard of Spectre or Meltdown or be aware that Intel's latest process is DOA :p

Talking of pedigree :p

They are talking about deep, ancient partnerships which go against any logic and are fueled by money, interests for monopoly, politics and anti-ethics.

Soldato
What will be most interesting, is seeing how much difference there will be between the 8 core chip that will have lower latency vs the 12 core in games.

Or will the 12 core be just as good latency wise if game/app uses no more than 8 cores?

Soldato
What will be most interesting, is seeing how much difference there will be between the 8 core chip that will have lower latency vs the 12 core in games.

Or will the 12 core be just as good latency wise if game/app uses no more than 8 cores?

Just go with the 16 core and call it good? /Jest

Interesting question tbh. I am guessing it will depend on how many critical core processes in game need to talk to each other synchronously.

Soldato
As per Yuri Bubliy, the creator of CTR and DRAM Calculator for Ryzen, AMD is scheduling the launch of the Ryzen 5000 processors for October 20th, just 12 days after their official announcement. The first processors to launch will be the Ryzen 7 5800X and the Ryzen 9 5900X, while the Ryzen 5 5600X and the Ryzen 9 5950X will come at a later date. Additionally, Yuri stated that despite these release dates being “old information”, AMD’s plan hasn’t changed.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...-late-october-radeon-rx-6000-in-mid-november/

Associate
Personally don't care about the GPUs right now, just itching to get my hands on a CPU. Bit all very exciting regardless. I'm just still stuck on 1080p and doing vid editing and old games mostly.

Soldato
If true it would be surprising that AMD are just launching high end SKU's as it being early silicon I would have thought cpus like the 5600 and 5700X would be more plentiful.

Associate

The 8 core could be 2 chiplets, we dont know yet!
If that's the case, there'll be little between them in latency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom