• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Soldato

I just called, apparently the delivery date of today is just an expected delivery date. They have no expected delivery date for the items from their supplier. So basically just like every other retailer, taking all our money without knowing any indication of when they can fulfil it.

At least OCUK are being honest and telling us that they have no idea when the orders will be fulfilled just that it will be first come first served based upon the queue. The fact other retailers are setting false expectations for delivery dates that they know can't be met is even worse.

Associate
Got to give OCUK credit. The card came packaged insanely securely. Appreciated for an expensive purchase! Hopefully supply picks up soon and people waiting get one. Last card I had was a Palit 2080 Ti Gaming Pro OC. Was a great overclocker but balanced things out by having massive coil whine. This one doesn't seem anything like that bad at the moment, but the true test will come when the water block arrives.

Soldato
Anyone ordering a EKWB block for their 3090? About to order one but wondered if anyone has any insight if there are better options. I currently have a decent 2080 ti block from them and I've been very happy thus far.

Associate
I just called, apparently the delivery date of today is just an expected delivery date. They have no expected delivery date for the items from their supplier. So basically just like every other retailer, taking all our money without knowing any indication of when they can fulfil it.

At least OCUK are being honest and telling us that they have no idea when the orders will be fulfilled just that it will be first come first served based upon the queue. The fact other retailers are setting false expectations for delivery dates that they know can't be met is even worse.

I agree - this is really naughty as it was clearly pointing towards delivery today (and still is on my update - although I have no cancelled the order as I did not really want the MSI as my first choice).

Caporegime
Anyone ordering a EKWB block for their 3090? About to order one but wondered if anyone has any insight if there are better options. I currently have a decent 2080 ti block from them and I've been very happy thus far.

I have looked at several blocks and I prefer the EK one to be honest even though its was more money than the others. With a backplate (compulsory and free with some other peoples waterblocks but EK charge extra) you are looking at nearly £200 from EK. But EK have gone with contacts to cool everything on the cards - gpu, vrms, memory, chokes etc. Some of the other manufacturers waterblocks dont cover all the things the EK one does.

And I have never ever had an issue with ek blocks for the years and years I have used them.

The ideal solution would be to wait for reviews and see which cools best but on paper I have my money on EK.

But I dont think they are shipping until mid to late October?

Soldato

I just called them too so far need to wait for a reply it seems as the Indian call centre have raised an issue as my order has been confirmed but nothing else so far, not had a cancellation or any email or sms to state this so far. Hope this is not another one of them companies that plays stupid games as it's my first order with them, they even called to confirm I made the order on the day about an hour after the order was made. If it turns out to be a preorder I will ask for a refund, I'm not playing them games.

This was when I ordered and what it says on my account since Wednesday :-

Order Placed:
30 September 2020, 18:33

Delivery to: My Account Address

GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING X TRIO

Tracking history
  • Wednesday 30th September
  • 20:24
    Order being processed at supplier
  • 19:26
    Order received by our supplier

Soldato
Well my msi trio 3090 is not com8ng tomorrow, they sold out well before they got to my order. As compo they have given me a 20% off voucher off my next order valid until 31/12. Wonder if they are getting more in and I should wait and save £300?

Lovely... :mad::( .. Well at least you know where you stand, all I have is a confirmation email and this on the tracking page.. Nothing has moved since the order and no other information, I called them today and now waiting to hear back from them whats going on as it was meant for delivery today.

Order Placed:

Tracking history

Caporegime
I just called them too so far need to wait for a reply it seems as the Indian call centre have raised an issue as my order has been confirmed but nothing else so far, not had a cancellation or any email or sms to state this so far. Hope this is not another one of them companies that plays stupid games as it's my first order with them, they even called to confirm I made the order on the day about an hour after the order was made. If it turns out to be a preorder I will ask for a refund, I'm not playing them games.

This was when I ordered and what it says on my account since Wednesday :-

Order Placed:

Delivery to: My Account Address

GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING X TRIO

Tracking history

Yeah mine is still there on my order list and says the same as yours does except for the text from them with the sorry, out of stock, never realised demand was going to be so big etc and have a 20% off voucher valid until 31st December. Which is a pretty good voucher if they ever do get more stock before xmas as thats a £300 saving and makes a 3090 only cost £1200 :)

Associate
If you post from imgur

Copy and paste the BBCODE
Damn, of course. This is the first proper forum I've been on since my late teens, I forgot BBCode was even a thing

No and at the moment it won't even let me cancel the order! Stating 'Due to the speed that we package and despatch orders, we are unable to cancel this item for you' WTF!
Hey, me and at least one other person did warn everyone about that place

Associate
I actually don’t mind if they cancel mine, I’ll definitely use the 20% off. Shame I’m still in the dark as to what’s happening though ‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom