• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
My friend ordered an MSI Ventus from OcUK on the 23rd and recieved it yesterday :confused:

I wonder if when a customer orders the MSI Ventus at £650, they would then have to wait for a batch of '£650' Ventus's while those who ordered the more expensive batches later will get them as they arrive. I dont see why your friend would get the card sooner than those of us who ordered on the 17th.

Associate
Had an update regarding my Gigabyte order from a competitor. They are receiving their shipment for these cards at 20:00 this evening. From there, they will know the quantity and whether or not they can fulfil my order (44th in the queue - ordered at 14:13 17/09/20). They are talking like they will only get 30 in stock today, but aren't willing to release exact figures yet. I wonder why everything is such hush, hush and under NDA?
That is absolutely bs, Retailers know in advance how many cards they should expect. It isn't random, you place an order for a particular ITEM and they will let you know if they can fulfill it or not, they use a "guide" for that. MAYBE the customer support for marketing doesn't have a clue.

Permabanned
Holy ****, no one wanted a Ventus? Lol

Read first, comment after.

Its been 3 weeks and we have had no queue positions from Overclockers...

My patience has dried out.. cant have £700 hold stuck for so long.... besides Nvidia is dropping cards Weekly. and i was able to secure a 3090 FE.

in OCUK my order was at 14:22 17th sept.. MSI Ventus, will be cancelling, unless someone wants to get that from me in LONDON.

My friend ordered an MSI Ventus from OcUK on the 23rd and recieved it yesterday :confused:

How does this happen?

Associate
Because it is? They aren’t allowed to discuss specific stock levels.
But why? It makes no sense at all?!

Retailers are currently being bombarded with tweets, emails, live chat requests, and phone calls! Which could all be significantly reduced if they were to release information such as: On day X we are getting X amount of cards, you are X in the queue. The next shipment is on X day where we expect to get X cards. Please check our website for further updates and details. But instead, they are releasing very little, thus creating hype and increasing it significantly. Online auction prices for the 3080s were £800 last week, they are £1100 minimum now.

That would remove the need for a queue system or the constant bombardment and influx of questions.

Soldato
mvZRlyW.png

He's got no reason to lie, I was speccing him a new build and told him to get a 3080, but he'd be in for a long wait.

I'm in the queue for an Eagle so I'm a bit miffed as well.

Associate
The problem is, all the retailers have employed the same company to produce a queue system. They are all in a queue for the queue system. OCUK are currently 1000 in the queue system for thier queue system to be released and are waiting for an update to update us about our queue positions based on their queue position in the queue system, waiting for their own queue system. Simple.

Associate
mvZRlyW.png

He's got no reason to lie, I was speccing him a new build and told him to get a 3080, but he'd be in for a long wait.

Ok, that's a big WHAT THE ****.

Are you sure he ordered from OCuk and not some other place? Not that I don't believe you, but if this is true then OverclockersUK is really ******* outside the toilet now.

Associate
Yeah I had it at 3800Mhz at some point but lowered it to 3733Mhz and tighten the sub timings more. I have around 63.5ns latency.
I can't get my mine at 1900 on my 3600x. I had vengeance rgb and when turneding pc on it would reset bios all the time. Dunno y. So I brought new ram and donated vengeance rgb to my step daughter 3400g pc for Xmas.

Associate
mvZRlyW.png

I really hope this is not the case.... Got mine on launch day and not got anything :/

Back
Top Bottom