• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3090 is NOT a gaming card - Gamers Nexus DESTROYS the 3090

Soldato
It depends on the size of the reviewer and how much 'influence' they have I believe.
Often the big guys will get to keep the hardware; the smaller guys though often have to send it back/pass it along. You hear it mentioned in passing if you watch some of the slightly smaller reviewers (ie only having xyz time as they have to send the unit back)

Caporegime
It depends on the size of the reviewer and how much 'influence' they have I believe.
Often the big guys will get to keep the hardware; the smaller guys though often have to send it back/pass it along. You hear it mentioned in passing if you watch some of the slightly smaller reviewers (ie only having xyz time as they have to send the unit back)

Yep, that's my understanding of it.

Makes sense - let the guys with the huge subscriber numbers get to do a lot more videos on it.

Caporegime

Yeah it will be like Baddass on here with his monitor reviews. He often posts he is waiting for a particular review model to land with him and then he tests it and passes it on. Sometimes I believe they even arrive damaged or missing remote controls from the previous reviewer.

Associate
Just had my SuperNova G3 1000W delivered.

Just got to wait for my 3090 Strix OC :)

I bought one of them the other week but the fan is excessively loud. It can run for around 30 minutes after you finish using your PC too(assuming it's left on). It's louder than the fans on my 1080ti by quite a margin :/

Apparently this is ok for this PSU but I would be interested in your experience, I had a 650w G2 before and I couldn't hear it. I'm looking to replace it with a 850w Bequiet Darkpower which will hopefully not sound like an industrial fan.

Soldato
I bought one of them the other week but the fan is excessively loud. It can run for around 30 minutes after you finish using your PC too(assuming it's left on). It's louder than the fans on my 1080ti by quite a margin :/

Apparently this is ok for this PSU but I would be interested in your experience, I had a 650w G2 before and I couldn't hear it. I'm looking to replace it with a 850w Bequiet Darkpower which will hopefully not sound like an industrial fan.

I am hard of hearing, so I won't be that much help :D

Associate
Can't you just request another fan from EVGA and fit it yourself?

It seems a very common issue, even if it's not intended. Even googling PSU fan replacements for that model a lot of results are people complaining about the fan noise. I'd rather not take a PSU apart and just take a bit of a loss selling it.

Associate

I'd highly recommend the AX1600i. It's overkill but I will likely never need to worry about capacity and as it's so underutilised, the fans almost never even switch on.

Soldato
The video made me even more excited for my Asus ROG Strix OC 3090 :D

Seriously though, all his points are valid, I just like to throw money at having the best.

fx1

fx1

Associate
Nvidia has already said that 3090 chips are going to be super limited. That was well before the demand problem exasperated by the lack of 3080's

There isnt an a single 3080 Strix OC in the UK yet. There is no shortage of those apparently.

How long do you think you are going to be waiting for the Strix 3090....

Associate
Its probably not a bad thing to be honest.
By the time they're shipping, the benchmarks of the AMD GPUs will be out, so there will still be time to make a switch if by some miracle the RDNA2 GPU is faster

Associate
I cancelled my 3090 because of his review. He put everything into perspective for me. Do I want one? Yes. Do I need one? No.
That's like everything in life though, Do I need this Audi when I could have bought a Ford, Do I need this Omega Watch, etc etc I would say 90% of the stuff people have in life is because they want it not that they need it. I don;t really need my 3080 "when" it comes my 1080 is still doing everything I need, I just want one.

Caporegime
Nvidia has already said that 3090 chips are going to be super limited. That was well before the demand problem exasperated by the lack of 3080's

There isnt an a single 3080 Strix OC in the UK yet. There is no shortage of those apparently.

How long do you think you are going to be waiting for the Strix 3090....

only cause ASUS didn’t start making them until after launch and each card takes 144 hours and now the factory is on holiday.

and nobody knows the ratio of chips failing to know numbers of 3090/3080. Is it 9 in 10 fail and become 3080s or 1 in a 100 or 1 in 1000?

3090 are only super limited atm cause 3080 are super limited.

look at the owners thread. There are only double the number of 3080s our there than 3090s and the 3080s came out a week before.

Back
Top Bottom