• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
5700X (65W 8 core) niche is too good to skip it. It must be coming. Possibly with a small delay to not hurt 5800X sales.
We barely hear any news or leaks about Zen 3 period. 7 days to go

Soldato
I wonder if this is another reason for the name change, the 4000 series APU's will work as they're Zen2, but the 5000 series being Zen3 might be the excuse they're looking for to push everyone to update from B450...
Pretty sure it's already been confirmed that 400 series boards will get support and then it will be up to the manufacturers discretion to implement it with MSI having already said that all their 400 series boards will do so.

Associate
What do we all think the latency will be in Aida? I think we can all assume under 55ns is likely happening with a standard setup but will we see sub 50? Current Zen 2 Aida latency record is 57ns.

Caporegime
there was hardly any stock. when you have got many of anything its easy to sell out. i know some of the numbers that companies recieved. it was hardly any.

hoping the stock is there at launch wouldnt be surprised if it isnt and hopefully the gouging isnt bad.

Soldato
Lol you gave me hope until I saw the "/s" at the end of your post!
Being serious for a minute, AMD still faces negative perceptions from the "best of the best" and Intel fanboy camps, and I'd wager the number of insane AMD fanboy types who'd flock to a new Ryzen launch like they were dying in 24 hours is fairly small. So I don't foresee an insane flock to buy the second things are available. Add to that AMD are likely going to have half-decent stock, so initial demand could be fulfilled.

I could be wrong though.

Soldato
Except that Asus have launched refreshed B450 boards with bigger BIOS chips explicitly for the purpose of running Zen 3 ;)
^^^ Yes, and Gigabyte have done the same - a late response to MSI nailing it with the revamped MAX series (32 MB eeprom) and gave them the jump to be first to officially support Zen3 on B450.

Associate
Being serious for a minute, AMD still faces negative perceptions from the "best of the best" and Intel fanboy camps, and I'd wager the number of insane AMD fanboy types who'd flock to a new Ryzen launch like they were dying in 24 hours is fairly small. So I don't foresee an insane flock to buy the second things are available. Add to that AMD are likely going to have half-decent stock, so initial demand could be fulfilled.

I could be wrong though.

I really doubt it. Stock should be plentiful compared to the shipshow that was Ampere, and also a CPU release does not, relatively speaking, generally have the same level of crazy hype and FOMO as a big GPU release.

I hope so.

Caporegime
I wonder if the new CPUs will have stock availability issues due to bots, just like the 3080s.
I really doubt it. Stock should be plentiful compared to the shipshow that was Ampere, and also a CPU release does not, relatively speaking, generally have the same level of crazy hype and FOMO as a big GPU release.

Soldato

I could be wrong though.

I'm not convinced there will be half decent stock. I'm not even convinced that any stock has even been boxed up as yet. This close, even to a paper launch, i would expect a lot more leaked benchmarks to be popping up. So far all we seem to have had is 1 CPU-Z bench that looks like it might be legit, other than speculation though, we have had nothing. This says to me that final clocks havn't been decided, if they had, the Net would be awash with unofficial benchmarks from the holders of engineering samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom