*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G Thread***

Permabanned
OP
Camera has been fantastic to be honest, it was the only thing that was making me hesitant.

I have had mine 2 weeks now and I have been waiting for something to annoy me and so far it hasn't!! All major aspects of the phone have been brilliant, battery, camera, performance etc.

I suppose the only thing that is annoying me is Microsoft Edge browser changing between phone and tablet mode. Wish it was always on phone mode. Thats picky tho!

Soldato
Damnit, I caved and bought one - I guess I fancied something different after three generations of Pixels. I won't lie, I still think the Pixels are fantastic phones if you value the stock experience - even if it does mean you're not at the pinnacle of hardware. To be fair when it comes to hardware, I would rather a balanced approach such as having a 90Hz over 120Hz because I think 90Hz is good enough, unless you're talking tablet with stylus where you want the screen to draw quicker as you move the stylus.

The Pixel 4 as of last night was a trade in option for £200, plus with the 10% off it ended up coming in just over £1,400. I've gone with PayPal credit at 0% APR so it's basically like having a 24 month contract. I checked Vodaphone for a LFL 24 month contract for 30Gb data and the total value for that contract was £2,617 over 24 months. With my SIM payments of £10p/m total cost for 24 months for the path I've chosen is £2,040.

How quickly do Samsung dispatch after buying from their site, usually?

Soldato
Damnit, I caved and bought one - I guess I fancied something different after three generations of Pixels. I won't lie, I still think the Pixels are fantastic phones if you value the stock experience - even if it does mean you're not at the pinnacle of hardware. To be fair when it comes to hardware, I would rather a balanced approach such as having a 90Hz over 120Hz because I think 90Hz is good enough, unless you're talking tablet with stylus where you want the screen to draw quicker as you move the stylus.

The Pixel 4 as of last night was a trade in option for £200, plus with the 10% off it ended up coming in just over £1,400. I've gone with PayPal credit at 0% APR so it's basically like having a 24 month contract. I checked Vodaphone for a LFL 24 month contract for 30Gb data and the total value for that contract was £2,617 over 24 months. With my SIM payments of £10p/m total cost for 24 months for the path I've chosen is £2,040.

How quickly do Samsung dispatch after buying from their site, usually?

I ordered something yesterday at 4, got dispatched same day but didn't get the notification until midnight. However, DPD are now reporting the Samsung have requested that it is returned. Have a feeling they weren't happy with the trade in price.

Soldato
Jesus wept, Samsung have royally messed up.

Just on a call and the representative said there's been major issues with trade in value on the site (I know this has been discussed on here already) and I was put on hold to double check the value of the trade in. I was waiting for 5 - 10 minutes and then the call just ended. Grrrr!

Not a great start.

Soldato
Jesus wept, Samsung have royally messed up.

Just on a call and the representative said there's been major issues with trade in value on the site (I know this has been discussed on here already) and I was put on hold to double check the value of the trade in. I was waiting for 5 - 10 minutes and then the call just ended. Grrrr!

Not a great start.

Samsung customer service is absolutely terrible. On each occasion I have had the misfortune to speak to them, I have felt badly let down.

Soldato
They said I could cancel the order and place it again once the issue had been resolved. However, there's so many issues with that:

1. How do I know when the issue has been resolved?
  2. Why couldn't they confirm on the phone what the trade in value should be? Surely someone know that and if it is an confirmed issue, why haven't they equipped their customer services team with the correct values so incorrect orders can be identified/confirmed?
  3. If I replace it at £300, who is to say they won't pull the order? Seeing as Vigoro has had PDP confirm Samsung wanted the device back
  4. I used the 10% code someone linked to in this thread too, if I cancel how can I be sure that code will still work when I replace the order?
I've kept the order for now but something doesn't seem right. I placed the order just gone midnight as I was up late and still no dispatch email so far today.

Soldato
Just tired Samsungs website again, its not the trade in thing that stops them delivering to NI, the just dont deliver there at all, what a mess they are.

Associate
I ordered something yesterday at 4, got dispatched same day but didn't get the notification until midnight. However, DPD are now reporting the Samsung have requested that it is returned. Have a feeling they weren't happy with the trade in price.

Oh wow, that's pretty terrible that it actually got dispatched but then they asked DPD to return it! I got a text message this morning (after the order was cancelled last night) basically saying the order was cancelled due to an error with the trade-in prices. Basically "you can place a new order, sorry for the inconvenience" - but no sweetener or anything - and the trade-in prices have actually decreased to now be lower than before the "error" - e.g an S10+ 512GB was £400 (and still is according to the table in the T&Cs PDF) but now £350 - was offered £610 trade-in on my order yesterday :(

Associate

Wow I've never heard of a company actually recalling like that - that really sucks man, did they actually take payment from you?

Associate
Has anyone got their phone insured? If so what's the best insurance provider? I'm s bit nervous about having such an expensive phone am getting the upgrade through O2 are they the best?

Soldato
what 108 issue is that please?

Just Google '108mp focus issues' and you'll get some results . I think Samsung's made improvements with the Note 20 though and the 2nd gen lens.

Many users and reviewers found the 108MP camera's focus to be slower than the 12MP main camera on the Galaxy S20/S20+ (especially in lower light) and to occasionally miss altogether. The issues and reduced performance of the AF could be due to the 108MP sensor's lack of dual-pixel phase detect autofocus

Permabanned
OP
After using the Note 20 Ultra and Fold 2 cameras for a few hundred shots each I much prefer the Fold 2. It's a really easy shooter and editing photos on the inner screen is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom