The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
We used this as a good opportunity to tidy up a lot of the kids toys. They all went into plastic boxes, and are staying in them. B&M are doing two 60l boxes for £12. We ended up getting about 12 of them in the end. All the other stuff went into about 50 cardboard boxes. We got about 20 brand new, and the rest we picked up from Facebook marketplace locally.

I moved all the TVs, computers and tech out the house the weekend before. You 'can' survive for a few days without them. Much better than having to cram them into your car in a wild panic rush along with all the other stuff. On the day our cars were mostly filled with bedding, cloths and cleaning supplies. Definitely wouldn't have wanted to fit a 55in TV or my 34in curved monitor in there as well.

Soldato
Yes that is what we are planning on doing but a bit hard with a 5yr old and a 5 month old baby. We can pack all our stuff up but not theirs.

Anywhere to get some decent strong boxes that dont charge the earth and are smaller than they show on screen?

My local Facebook freebies page constantly have people giving away boxes, definitely worth a check as they are unfathomably expensive in shops!

Soldato
My solicitor just rang me to update me and let me know everything was going fine and we're just waiting on searches.

I think that's the first phone call in the last 9 months that hasn't had me ending up in a rage/utter despair. But I've been at this game long enough now to not get my hopes up :p

Associate
Vendor being a royal pita atm: Not willing to do the legwork in ensuring the transfer of solar panel ownership is completed, because they won't we have to contact the electric company to ascertain transfer or something.
Also, is not going to supply a certificate they stated was already supplied in response to something raised by our survey.
Really souring the whole process and sapping my want for the house.

Soldato
Vendor being a royal pita atm: Not willing to do the legwork in ensuring the transfer of solar panel ownership is completed, because they won't we have to contact the electric company to ascertain transfer or something.
Also, is not going to supply a certificate they stated was already supplied in response to something raised by our survey.
Really souring the whole process and sapping my want for the house.
Having solar panels made our sale a bit more difficult. Luckily we had all of the original paperwork. Without that I don't think the buyers solicitors would have allowed the sale to go ahead.

Associate
Having solar panels made our sale a bit more difficult. Luckily we had all of the original paperwork. Without that I don't think the buyers solicitors would have allowed the sale to go ahead.

Yeah, speaking to our EA he relayed solar panels always make things more difficult. Trying to move things along as our buyer would like to complete in a couple of weeks, as would we, unsure on seller. Hopefully this won't delay things too much, but of course it probably will!

Soldato
Yeah, speaking to our EA he relayed solar panels always make things more difficult. Trying to move things along as our buyer would like to complete in a couple of weeks, as would we, unsure on seller. Hopefully this won't delay things too much, but of course it probably will!

Why would it makes things difficult (assuming its not a 'rent a roof' type agreement)? I would have thought they would be the same as any other major electrical installation in that you just hand over the certificate as part of the conveyancing process.

Associate
Why would it makes things difficult (assuming its not a 'rent a roof' type agreement)? I would have thought they would be the same as any other major electrical installation in that you just hand over the certificate as part of the conveyancing process.

Apparently there are always issues relating to feed in transfer tariff transfer, or something to that extent where the buyers solicitors want it before completion, but there's no way to actually get it before completion.
Saying that, I don't know why it's difficult, i'm not an estate agent, conveyancing solicitor, or expert on solar panels. If you are, and you can offer some suggestions I'm all ears.
Oh, and they have no certification for them, which i guess is most of the problem.

Associate
In the process of a sale - had a really tough time up to now:

1) First house we agreed to buy, vendor withdrew from the market late on (we had a mortgage arranged and searches underway).

2) Agreed a sale on another property, then a few days away from exchange the person at bottom of chain pulled out (our buyers buyer).

3) Nearly lost the house we had agreed to buy, but luckily we now have another buyer, so this is now in process (the house we are buying was put back on the market and a few offers started to come in, but fortunately we managed to resurrect our part of the chain just in the nick of time).

Fingers crossed for third time lucky.

Soldato
So our FTB have not managed to get a mortgage for the amount they require which means we can continue the sale at a £6k loss. Not sure if i should re-market or try to lower that loss to a minimum:mad:

Back
Top Bottom