Star Wars Squadrons

Soldato
Looking through the EA forum there seem to be many reports of people having problems with setting up HOTAS bindings. For some silly reason EA have differentiated between positive and negative inputs rather than just have one axis for yaw, one for pitch, one for roll, and one for throttle and not detecting negative movement seems to be a common problem.

Last edited:
Associate
Can't install the Epic store version, as the authorization link between Epic and Origin isn't working. Everyone who installed via Epic is having the same issue. Serves me right getting it £10 cheaper due to the Rocket League code...
Same here. Thought about getting a refund but apparently you lose the discount coupon if you do that. Just waiting to see what happens at this point.

Soldato
Same here. Thought about getting a refund but apparently you lose the discount coupon if you do that. Just waiting to see what happens at this point.

I can't play until tonight anyway, and with 200mbit cable it won't take long to download. Maybe Epic will give us another code for our trouble.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
OK, installed and running.
Unfortunately, it's only recognising two of my flight stick devices. As I've a joystick, x2 throttles, pedals and a couple of button boxes, that's leaving me rather underwhelmed.
Any idea how to add additional devices?

Appears that I'm not alone:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/star-wars-squadrons-technical-issues-en

OK, I'll go fly my A10C2 then...

I guess once again not being able to play at launch is a good thing for me!

Sorry for the OT but I've always been tempted to try to get into DCS - is the new A-10C module a good place to start in your opinion? Does it teach you how to work with all the systems through the game or are you stuck with youtube tutorials?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I guess once again not being able to play at launch is a good thing for me!

Sorry for the OT but I've always been tempted to try to get into DCS - is the new A-10C module a good place to start in your opinion? Does it teach you how to work with all the systems through the game or are you stuck with youtube tutorials?

The in game tutorials really aren't that great (IMO). Not that it matters. There's a ton of very good tutorials out there. Checkout the Grim Reapers stuff. It's not perfect, but I find them very useful.
The A10c is probably the most complex and indepth aircraft in game, to the point of being rather daunting, so it's not what I'd recommend as a starter plane.
The first choice is to really choose you genre. Don't worry about "what's best", just what do you fancy flying, e.g.
- Helicopters. Currently 4, with 2 more coming in shortly. The Huey is a great choice.
- WW2. Currently 6. I'm partial for the P51, though I fly all of the rest by the P47
- Older jets. There are jets from Korea, Vietnam and some good 3rd gen units, e.g. Viggen, F14, Harrier etc
- More modern jets. F16, F18, Mirage, JF17. The F18 is a great all rounder and would be my suggestion for a modern jet to learn in
- Some trainer aircraft.

It's worth being aware that it's free to download and try out a couple of the aircraft. Give that a go and try out the Tf51 (Mustang with no guns).

There's a very good support community and some big stuff inbound (new game engine hopefully next year). It's rather a graphics hog and can be expensive for peripherals, but seriously, nothing else I've tried comes close. I've got Il2, Xplane11 and MS FS2020 and all of them feel almost arcadey when compared.

Caporegime
Can you create multiple save games on this? My son may want to play but I’d rather have my own multiplayer character or set up a Republic one and an Imperial one.

Back
Top Bottom