• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

People with queue positions that seem anomalous: Rollcall here so we can see how common we are?

Associate
Hey all.

The main topic is moving quick, so I thought I'd create a topic aimed at just those of us whose stated queue position is significantly different than what other posting similar/later times to us have, to see how common we are, act as a support group, and collect any info we manage to get out of OC.

So, I'll start (these details directly copied from emails):
  • Order Time: Date ordered: 17/09/2020 15:16:50
  • Order Number: 58738xx (Internet Reference: OC40254xx)
  • Payment Method: Braintree_CC
  • Card: MSI Gaming X Trio
  • Queue Position: 1142
So, points of note:
  • I ordered in the second "wave" of the site almost working on the first day, by credit card.
  • My order didn't switch between "awaiting payment" and "order recieved" till sometime between Saturday night and Sunday morning
  • That also seems to be when my order number on the non-website system was generated
  • Based on my queue position, hundreds behind people who ordered hours after me, that seems to also be when they put me in the queue
I'm obviously a little irritated, my bank statement shows the charge was made on the 17th, so it seems I'm delayed just because OC's site or payment processor had issues syncing their data while they were overloaded.

Oh, and guidance on replying:
  1. Please only respond if you either have a similar unusual queue position, or have some useful info to add on the topic
  2. Please try to stay as relaxed as possible about it. I'm mainly just after seeing how many others are in this situation, if it just becomes flaming OC I see a justified lock incoming.

Soldato
Order Number: 58606XX (Internet Reference: OC40233XX)
Date ordered: 17/09/2020 14:29:02
Payment Method: Braintree_PP
Shipping Method: FREE DPD Next Day (Mon-Fri)

I also paid with paypal. I'm queue position 34 for a Gig Eagle.

My queue position sounds about right to me and I've yet to see someone with a later order time jump ahead of me in the queue.

Associate
My order for a Gigabyte Eagle was > 500 places behind others who placed around the same time as me (17:01 17/9/20). This was because my original order included a couple of other in stock items and I’d requested they be sent separately, provided I wouldn’t affect my queue position. The payment reference number for my GPU was much higher following the order split.

I spoke to CS on the phone and they confirmed it was an honest mistake around order time vs order number. My order has been passed onto a manager who will ensure I’m bumped back into the right place. All in all a bit of a hassle at first but I’m glad with how easily it’s being resolved.

Associate
MSI Gaming X Trio
17th Sep 15:09
Paid via Paypal

Thank you for your pre-order for the MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card on order 58XXXXX.

You are currently in queue position 143.

Sucks to see that it looks like your at the back of the queue but only ordered a few minutes after me.

Associate
OP
Well, at least so far I seem to be the only one SO far out.

Finally on my second call got through to the customer service, am now on hold while he talks to the managing director. Apparently my queue position is physically impossible, since that position is attached to someone else's account, and my 58 order number seems to cause him trouble looking it up.

Something clearly went VERY wrong with my order. *sigh*

Customer service guy has also said that IT are writing up details on how the queue is calculated (I'm not sure if just for them, or to post publically), since based on the calls it clearly used the order numbers not order time as they have in the past, he is confused as to what is going on.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So, finally off the phone, took him about 30 minutes to look into it.

Apparently for some reason rather than attaching my order to the correct order number which was created at ordering time, the system duplicated it and created a new one putting me on the 19th. IT are apparently aware of 20ish of the 6500-7500k orders that were duplicated, so will now manually look at the and email us seperately with a corrected number in the queue. (Both I and Customer Service are confused why IT didn't sort it BEFORE sending out the queue, since they seemed aware of the problem).

Do we know when these queue emails were sent? I'm yet to receive.

Mine was recieved at 13:29 today. Honestly, I'd wait till tomorrow to worry, but if you did want to call now apparently only 20 or so people were waiting in the queue when I wished customer service as plesant an afternood as possible (which makes me think this really is a <0.1% of the orders problem. I'm special!)

Associate
Order Number: 58919xx (Internet Reference: OC40259xx)
Date ordered: 17/09/2020 15:20:55
Payment Method: Braintree_CC
Shipping Method: DPD Next Day (Mon-Fri)
Thank you for your pre-order for the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card on order 58919xx.
You are currently in queue position 1152. Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position.
Both taken from email I received today (I only got my order confirmation this morning); credit card statement says payment went through on 17 September, but it looks to me like my queue position was assigned much later (possibly even today?).

Customer service via the forum have been fairly dismissive so far, but I appreciate they are incredibly busy; I might need to wait until next week and then give them a call (I reckon I should be 800-odd places further up the queue, but even in the mid-300s it's not like they'll be despatching in the immediate future).

Associate
OP
Both taken from email I received today (I only got my order confirmation this morning); credit card statement says payment went through on 17 September, but it looks to me like my queue position was assigned much later (possibly even today?).

Customer service via the forum have been fairly dismissive so far, but I appreciate they are incredibly busy; I might need to wait until next week and then give them a call (I reckon I should be 800-odd places further up the queue, but even in the mid-300s it's not like they'll be despatching in the immediate future).

Honestly, to me it sounds like you might be one of the 20ish in exactly the same boat as me. If so customer service assures me that IT are aware of the issue, and are manually correcting it for us and will email us once its fixed. Apparently when web store OC numbers are created a 58 number is also created, and they should stay connected, but for some reason a few actually created new numbers later on.

I'd suggedt you call. The queue was down to 20 people when my call ended, and the guy I spoke to thoroughly looked into it. I'd start by mentioning that your OC number is one from the 17th, but your 58 and queue numbers are seemingly generated today when you got your email. Sounds like you've hit the EXACT issue I also did, so hopefully they'll fix it anyway when they fix mine, but can't hurt to make sure they are aware of you.

Associate
OP

So, just got called back. They are calling the few people in the same position as me. They have removed us from the queue system, so we won't get emails any more, and are instead going to manually slot us in in the correct position. So I hope you'll also get a phonecall in the next hour or two as he goes down the list.

Associate
So, just got called back. They are calling the few people in the same position as me. They have removed us from the queue system, so we won't get emails any more, and are instead going to manually slot us in in the correct position. So I hope you'll also get a phonecall in the next hour or two as he goes down the list.

Thanks for the update - I was on hold calling in to them, but I've hung up for now. Fingers crossed I'm one of the 20-odd (if not, I'll give them a call next week).

Thanks for posting this thread, it is good to know that at least one other person is in a very similar boat! :)

Associate
Same boat. Phoned up and they aren't going to resend or look into it. Decent chance those who have not received by now may not be in the queue.

Interesting. Seems a bit of a mess. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. I've spoke to them a few times as i have ordered an EVGA card and one of the managers confirmed there was never confirmed stock of the EVGA cards, but sold capability to sell them via pre-orders. I suggested to them this is misleading if they don't have any understanding of procurement.

Soldato
I think I may be in this situation aswell looking at the other thread, a number of people ordering after me and much nearer the front of the queue, as I didn't get my email until days later it does indeed look like my queue position ma be related to the time that email was generated not the time I actually ordered. I used Paypal as my payment method.

Apparently I am 1170 in the queue for an Asus TUF (none OC model)

Order Number: 58737** (Internet Reference: OC40294**)
Date ordered: 17/09/2020 17:29:42
----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Ordered (prices in GBP)
x 1 - Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
x 1 - FREE WITH GX-44H-AS: NVIDIA RTX Bundle Promotion - Watchdogs Legion & GeForce NOW

Associate
Interesting. Seems a bit of a mess. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. I've spoke to them a few times as i have ordered an EVGA card and one of the managers confirmed there was never confirmed stock of the EVGA cards, but sold capability to sell them via pre-orders. I suggested to them this is misleading if they don't have any understanding of procurement.

Yes they are a total mess. The customer service agent I spoke with, I wouldn't wish on anyone. He basically said, wait until next week when stock changes, maybe you will get an email then. Would not give me my position on the phone and would not have it resent. Would not even check that I am in the queue at all. I was desperately trying to resolve it and he hung up on me so good luck if you get through. They have so many orders that they don't care about yours, mine or anybody else's. A few of us have slipped through the cracks and seriously, I don't think we are in the queue at all. Worst of all it looks like they aren't going to do anything about it. Shocking.

Associate
OP
I think I may be in this situation aswell looking at the other thread, a number of people ordering after me and much nearer the front of the queue, as I didn't get my email until days later it does indeed look like my queue position ma be related to the time that email was generated not the time I actually ordered. I used Paypal as my payment method.

Apparently I am 1170 in the queue for an Asus TUF (none OC model)

Order Number: 58737** (Internet Reference: OC40294**)
Date ordered: 17/09/2020 17:29:42
----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Ordered (prices in GBP)
x 1 - Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
x 1 - FREE WITH GX-44H-AS: NVIDIA RTX Bundle Promotion - Watchdogs Legion & GeForce NOW

I'd guess so too. From what I was told everyone who ordered on the 17th should have a 586xxxx number, so those of us who ordered then but have 587xxxx or higher numbers are likely part of our special batch. I guess if they don't get in touch today give them a call tomorrow once the volume has reduced to make sure you are in the batch they have found, and there aren't other slightly different issue that you are part of (to be honest, I'm not sure if they had managed to detect all the problem orders or if IT were still double checking. Just that they knew we existed now and were going to sort it out and make sure we didn't lose out due to their system issues).

Associate
Yes they are a total mess. The customer service agent I spoke with, I wouldn't wish on anyone. He basically said, wait until next week when stock changes, maybe you will get an email then. Would not give me my position on the phone and would not have it resent. Would not even check that I am in the queue at all. I was desperately trying to resolve it and he hung up on me so good luck if you get through. They have so many orders that they don't care about yours, mine or anybody else's. A few of us have slipped through the cracks and seriously, I don't think we are in the queue at all. Worst of all it looks like they aren't going to do anything about it. Shocking.

I think everyone's in the queue - but they use two systems (eCommerce for selling, where orders are transferred to a backend system), I assume the queues are from what they see on the backend system. If an order didn't sync between the eCommerce platform to backend right away, there will always be a delta. As both were being slammed on the 17th, this is possible.

I work in the industry so this happens. However, if someone hasn't got the right queue position based on what the eCommerce order time was, which we can see, this would be unfair and would need to be corrected.

Whether OCUK correct this or leave it as it stands, is another question though.

Associate
OP

The impression I got from my phonecall was that customer service had been told that it would use order time, but then were told last minute that it is actually using order number from the backend system.

I was given the impression on the call that the webstore and warehouse backend numbers SHOULD be created simultaniosly, and stay linked, but that for some unknown reason that IT had/have now spotted rather than stay linked for me and a few others a duplicated order was created in the backend system (based on how customer service sounded after he got back from looking into it I got the impression he was told IT knew some orders had duplicated, but not done anything about it, and he was not happy about that since it has now created at least some of these problems).

Soldato
Well if they correct it and take it seriously I'll look at where I stand then with regards to what to do with this particular order, however if they ignore it and leave me at 1170 ...I will cancel the order and never purchase anything from them ever again, I have been a customer of OcUK since before I made this forum account actually, so prior to 2003 from the old OcUK/Millennium days when Spie ran it out of a backroom. I don't want the rainforest to rule the world I really want our homegrown businesses to succeed and I want to support them but I can only do that if they do the same for me as a long standing customer.

On a slightly different note I would have hoped, not expected really but hoped that long standing, 10+ years customers would have had some some sort of priority with all this just as a hat tip to those that keep the lights on and because it sends a great message and really shows a level of customer service that the rainforest would never offer.

Associate
I think everyone's in the queue - but they use two systems (eCommerce for selling, where orders are transferred to a backend system), I assume the queues are from what they see on the backend system. If an order didn't sync between the eCommerce platform to backend right away, there will always be a delta. As both were being slammed on the 17th, this is possible.

I work in the industry so this happens. However, if someone hasn't got the right queue position based on what the eCommerce order time was, which we can see, this would be unfair and would need to be corrected.

From what I experienced today, they aren't going to sort this out. They can't sort it out if nobody is even looking into it, which they aren't.

It took a phone call from me days after purchase to get a confirmation email at all. They said that the order system had a glitch around the time I ordered (15.13 on the 17th). Genuinely believe that I am not in the queue at all. Wasn't even surprised that I didn't get an email today.

I have no way to sort this out other than what I have done. Will leave it until the end of the weekend and if something doesn't change I will have no choice other than cancel.

Back
Top Bottom