Star Wars Squadrons

Associate
Whats a good cheap HOTAS for this? Would like to give it a try (normal and VR)

Off topic - does NMS support HOTAS?

Associate
Is it possible to nick peoples configs once they've got their hotas setup and re-binded to sensible buttons? I've got an x56 stick, throttle and thrustmaster pedals (which were not binding quite right - seems to read them wrong). Don't fancy the task of trying to bind it all as I don't even know all the buttons yet!

Seemed good from the little I could get out of it. I think the big heavy throttle on the x56 may not be quite suitable enough for quick speed changes that are going to be required all the time (you manoeuvre faster at 50%) . May use buttons to jump up and down throttle in blocks if that's possible.

Tempted to put it away and await the reverb g2 headset for vr from the off and hope more quality of life stuff comes in to make the controller setup a bit simpler ;)

Soldato

You can get HOTAS working with NMS but I'm unsure as to whether it's officially supported yet, and if it isn't it damn well should be.

Playing games like NMS, Elite, or just about any space or flight related game feels so much more fun with a HOTAS setup than it does with anything else.

Soldato
Not amazing performance - having difficulty getting a decent framerate on my Index. Refresh rates over 90hz don't seem to work properly either.
Also the starfield is awful. They seem to have got the depth setting wrong as it doesn't look like it's at infinity, and the stars are really blurry no matter what setting I use.
Not a fan of the flight model either. The original X-Wing and tie fighter had a slight roll as you turned left or right. The sideways left/right movement feels very artificial without that roll in this game.

Scaling also seems a bit off in the hangars and other interiors - could do with scaling up a bit.

I'm quite enjoying the game even though. The cockpits are gorgeous.

Soldato

Thrustmaster HOTAS. Which ever version is cheaper, unless you own a console and plan to use it on that (in which case, get the appropriate version).

Stock is short at the moment though, and prices are high. If you can find one of the above, you'll be paying £70-£80. Six months back, that would have got you a T160000, which is a much better bit of kit.

Back
Top Bottom