Used hatchback suggestions

Associate
My current car (2009 Peugeot 308) is going in for its MOT next week, however I imagine there may be repairs needed that make it uneconomical to keep running.

What would people suggest as a replacement? Looking to ideally spend less than £10K, can't be diesel (city ban and I only drive around 6k miles a year), something not too slow, reliable and comfortable for a taller person to drive. I'll likely keep it until it gives out as I'm doing with my current car.

Been looking at the Astra K which seems to do well in reviews.

Soldato
Renault Megane MK3 Phase 2 2010-2012 (the newer Meganes no longer have decent engine options for petrol). Can get an immaculate one for under £5K (make sure you get the cam belt & water pump changed at the same time both in the same lower part of the engine bay will cost almost £1K at a main dealer but worth it for 5 years hassle free from those 2 components).

Engine sizes go up to 2.0 twin turbo @ 180 Bhp (my car so I am slightly biased!) which gives tremendous acceleration in the lower gears & its rated for 142 Mph :eek:;) initial depreciation is massive for new Renaults so there are some real bargain's out there nowadays ;) 6ft will be ok if you are much taller then perhaps less so. Its also one of the safest cars around! https://www.ancap.com.au/safety-ratings/renault/megane/5ad7b0

These can go to about 200K until the engine needs a major rebuild as long as its looked after so you would get a lot of mileage out of it.

Back
Top Bottom