• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I went for the Asus Strix OC, after flapping around for a day I decided to take the plunge and reluctantly pre-order it with these guys on 18th (around 9pm when payment was accepted). Got an email today: 491 in queue. What do we reckon - this side of Xmas or am I looking at early new year present? First time buying a graphics card, probably the last time I try to do it at launch.

I ordered Strix OC, got queue 176 so would estimate 4 weeks after I receive mine

Associate
Ordered Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC at 17:34 OCUK time on the 17th. I am at 130 in the queue. No idea how long it will be until I see a card. I haven't even seen Gibbo say they received any after the initial allotment.

Soldato
No it's not. Already corrected you on this once today, and several other users confirmed the same.

You've not corrected anything - just asserted as such.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...or-discussion.18899065/page-373#post-33989261

This seems to confirm that order numbers are generated at the time payment clears (which makes sense, you've not bought anything until you've paid for it).. What's open to interpretation is which order time they use for their queue system. If you can point me at cases where their queue position is not what you'd expect if it was on warehouse order number, then I'd be happy to agree with you. I've yet to see any :)

Last edited:
Associate
In case anyone still keeps track or this is useful to others:

Card: Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 XTREME 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
Date Ordered: 17/09/2020 @ 15:16:00
Queue Position: 40

I'm surprised my queue position is so low but then we did see from the unofficial calculator that only a small number of people ordered this card, so I guess it makes sense.

I'll be curious what sort of wait time this works out to, considering the card is not releasing for another 2 weeks at least. If I'm lucky it might be end of October I guess.

Man of Honour
Queue position 136 on an MSI Ventus 3X OC, order finally went through at 15:15
Ill take that, ahead of the unofficial position we had!

On a positive note, email says we should get an update after every batch, so should be easy to guess timings now going forward :)

I was 9 minutes after you and am 246 in the queue.

Associate
Since I'm like nearly 900 in the que for the eagle wonder if it would be worth it to order one of the less popular cards here instead, any suggestions? Lol

Associate
You've not corrected anything - just asserted as such.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...or-discussion.18899065/page-373#post-33989261

This seems to confirm that order numbers are generated at the time payment clears (which makes sense, you've not bought anything until you've paid for it).. What's open to interpretation is which order time they use for their queue system. If you can point me at cases where their queue position is not what you'd expect if it was on warehouse order number, then I'd be happy to agree with you. I've yet to see any :)

I was told directly by the phone it was the time of the order that determines the queue, and yes the order number is defined by confirmed payment, and the unofficial calculator used the order number, which is why for some the difference between official and unofficial is huge or small.

Associate
Well you ordered at 15:15 and have 210, @Dugganator ordered at 15:17 and has 221, but heres me with my 15:16 order with 1142. Wonderful. Glad I can be the anomaly. This is going to be FUN to sort out!

Out of curiousity, I ordered by credit card, how did you pay? Should I have gone with Paypal/Amazon?

I ordered by credit card as well, so cant explain that sorry dude :(

CCC

CCC

Associate
I went for the Asus Strix OC, after flapping around for a day I decided to take the plunge and reluctantly pre-order it with these guys on 18th (around 9pm when payment was accepted). Got an email today: 491 in queue. What do we reckon - this side of Xmas or am I looking at early new year present? First time buying a graphics card, probably the last time I try to do it at launch.

I ordered Strix OC, got queue 176 so would estimate 4 weeks after I receive mine

276 Here.

Not sure how you estimated 79 cards would be arriving per week but I'd say that is wildly optimistic IMHO.

Not a chance that 276 or 491 will happen this year IMHO. We have Golden Week, Christmas, New Year, Brexit and Chinese New Year all before Feb. I'll be surprised if I see a card before April.

I'd say 30 cards a week is optimistic for the rest of this year. More realistic is 15 cards. That means queue position 176 might just get you a card before Christmas.

Last edited:
Associate
No, no it's not. My payment was processed at 2.30am the day after but my queue position reflects the time I ordered.

I used Amazon pay, maybe that has some bearing on this.

Same story here actually, queue position reflects my early order time evn though payment was delayed- I also paid through amazon

Same here payment processed a around 7pm, ordered at 14:29, position 40 for an Eagle which seems to be in line with others around the 14:30 mark.

For those who think queue position is based on payment confirmation. No, it's not.

Associate
276 Here.

Not sure how you estimated 79 cards would be arriving per week but I'd say that is wildly optimistic IMHO.

Not a chance that 276 or 491 will happen this year IMHO. We have Golden Week, Christmas, New Year, Brexit and Chinese New Year all before Feb. I'll be surprised if I see a card before April.

I'd say 30 cards a week is optimistic for the rest of this year. More realistic is 15 cards. That means queue position 176 might just get you a card before Christmas.
Do you have insider info or are you just pulling these numbers out of a hat?

Back
Top Bottom