Star Wars Squadrons

Associate
Control setup is definitely a pain in the ****. Was more hassle than getting a new DCS plane in the air, which is quite something.

Got there eventually and was enjoying myself despite a worrying creaking noise coming from the Cougar stick. Unfortunately the creaking was a precursor to a snapped spring, so am no longer enjoying myself. Have spares, but can't be bothered changing it tonight.

Absolutely incredible in VR, put a proper silly grin on my face.

Soldato
Had blast playing first 2 missions. Then some multiplayer dog fights. I'm using kb+m. Can only imagine how good VR must be.

Tried tutorial for fleet battle. Yikes the big ships are tough. Dont think I've got that part worked out yet.

Caporegime
Done the first two missions, having only a Logitech Attack 3 (it must be easily a decade old) and no separate Throttle makes for playing rather strange. The game wants me to use the stick and all the buttons on the bottom whereas I want to use a combo of Joystick for basics and keyboard for some other bits which is proving a bit of a nightmare to setup. I've got hull repairs on Q, Engines, Lasers, Shield and balanced on 1, 2, 3 & 4 respectively which is working well, yaw on A & D, power on W & S and pitch and roll on the stick. Next target on one of the top buttons, select the target in front of me on another so I can get through but no idea how to fire a missile so haven't bothered.

I will say, it's not quite as deep in power modes and adjustment as the Original X-Wing game was and I'm sure there'll be a way to target individual parts of the capital ships, I just haven't figured that out yet. Looks and plays really well though!

Don
I did some practise dogfights in VR and loved it but I need to play with some of the VQ settings, I was getting tearing when doing quick turns, which turns into VR sickness quite quickly.

My trusty 980Ti might be finally showing its age... :D

Oh and just a comment about the daft flight stick mapping... by default, my throttle was mapped to buttons instead of the dedicated throttle stick on my HOTAS :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Dont know if its just his HOTAS or whether this is the case in general, but its pretty bad if it is

People like this should be banned.

It's not an issue. I must be lucky, as I've had zero issues with the game so far. :)

Whats a good cheap HOTAS for this? Would like to give it a try (normal and VR)

Off topic - does NMS support HOTAS?

Probably the thurstmaster one, but good luck getting a hold of one.

Sadly, it doesn't :(

Soldato
Yeh game is running a treat on my Vega56.

im using a mouse and find it very hard to be accurate with my aim - seems I’m constantly overshooting the target as it were. All feels a bit, indirect.

I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong - a tips from mouse players?

Caporegime
Yeh game is running a treat on my Vega56.

im using a mouse and find it very hard to be accurate with my aim - seems I’m constantly overshooting the target as it were. All feels a bit, indirect.

I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong - a tips from mouse players?

Buy a pad :p

Associate
I'm impressed. Played the first couple of missions and its great fun. Might try multiplayer at some point, but its the single player game that I'm most interested in

Caporegime
Just crashed on me mid dog fight :/

Thankfully we were losing hard. Definetly would benefit from good comms and flying as a group. Getting a kill is so grin inducing though. The sounds are a bit off, need to play with the levels. So excited to play the SP in VR.

Back
Top Bottom