Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Rates vary by postcode, it's pointless posting them (as well as your DD amount) as people outside of your area pay a different rate at the same supplier.
Why, is it harder to get electricity to some parts of the country? I'm bang in the middle of a city center, I would guess the rates should be lower as a lot of power is being provided to flats, offices and businesses

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Soldato
Soldato
With this latest price rise from Bulb I'm looking to change suppliers. I'm elec only and use ~5000 KW/h

Pure Planet has come out the cheapest on a compare site, with a lower per unit chg but a higher standing chg. Anyone have a referral link for them?

Soldato
With this latest price rise from Bulb I'm looking to change suppliers. I'm elec only and use ~5000 KW/h

Pure Planet has come out the cheapest on a compare site, with a lower per unit chg but a higher standing chg. Anyone have a referral link for them?
I have a referral link for you but I can't seem to start a conversation with you for some reason?

Edit: sent you a trust message instead.

Associate
I have been with British Gas for a long time and happy with the dual fuel options they offer. Ì recently switched to the Electric car user fixed Nov2021 tarrif fro a 2 year fixed deal tgat was getting expensive. because I switched to a different BG BG tarriff there was no switching fee. My monthly DD has reduced from £62 elec and £74 gas to £38 elec and £69 gas. My only issue is that when I switched the electricity useage figures were no longer available in the app nor the website.
Has anyone else had this issue?

Soldato
I'm having nothing but problems with 'Green.'

Initiated the switch to them a month ago. Two weeks later and they only switched gas and not electricity. They say they'll sort it.

Two weeks after that, I get an email saying I've asked to leave Green. I haven't, I haven't even fully joined Green yet.

Still no switch of electricity, that's being worked on.

Yesterday, they say I've submitted incorrect gas readings, so please resubmit them.

Before I can resubmit them, they issue a gas bill for £90. That's double what I pay for BOTH gas AND electricity combined.

A ******* shambles.

Soldato
can be who you are leaving that are dragging their feet
average for most is 21days - so 2 weeks is optmistic - but, telephone them, esp for ott £ demands,

Soldato
I think energy companies are just all pretty bad. I left Scottish Power to go to Avro in August.

After Scottish Power settled my final bill, I realised I had incorrectly overstated how much gas m3 I'd used. I contacted them about as I figured it would be a simple case of refunding me for some gas units I'd incorrectly reported I'd used.

I then also contacted Avro via email and gave them my accurate opening and current readings.

Avro took 2 weeks to reply to say they'd corrected the gas value, but I was surprised to see they hadn't taken the correct opening energy value down (opening value was approx 500 kwh less than my actual).

On checking with Scottish Power they had somehow set my energy reading to an estimated one despite the fact I'd given them the accurate electric value.

I've asked Avro to correct their opening reading for the electric, but I think it's potentially opening a can of worms with Scottish Power if their final bill values don't match the start ones with Avro.

Soldato
average for most is 21days - so 2 weeks is optmistic - but, telephone them, esp for ott £ demands,
This is most likely, by regulation it can take no more than 30days but some providers push boundaries on that front.

Soldato
It's not who I'm leaving (Octopus) - they've been very helpful! They hadn't even received the transfer request for the leccy. I'm seriously considering going back to them, as this is just joke.

Unlucky mate if it's green.energy i have been great with them for last 6 months.

It's not 'Green.Energy' just 'Green.' It's a real issue that they're all called so similarly actually, given 'Green.' are also an energy provider..!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Just had an email from Outfoxthemarket taking my tariff from "great" to "extremely average indeed" to the point that i am going to be forced to switch, again.

Energy companies are so tiring :(

Associate
Just had an email from Outfoxthemarket taking my tariff from "great" to "extremely average indeed" to the point that i am going to be forced to switch, again.

Energy companies are so tiring :(

I received the same email however after a (very quick) look concluded most suppliers were now all at similar rates.

Let us know what you find - if better.

Thanks,

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I received the same email however after a (very quick) look concluded most suppliers were now all at similar rates.

Let us know what you find - if better.

Thanks,
This seems to be best where I am, with some random company called “neon reef”. it’s not great either actually, although better than OFTM...

Electricity
Supplier

Neon Reef

Tariff name

Aqua One

Tariff type

Variable price

Payment method

Monthly direct debit

Unit rate

11.919p per kWh

Standing charge

11.655p per day

Soldato
Just started the switch from Bulb to Green.Energy.

Not because of the recent price-hike announcement but because they keep trying to increase my monthly DD by a ridiculous amount. I've had two frustrating discussions with them since the start of the year in which I had to explain to them that whatever assumptions they were basing their calculations on, it was clearly flawed based on our actual energy usage.

I thought, after the last exchange, that we had finally settled on an agreed DD amount that would satisfy both parties, but nope. Along with the email about the price hike, they informed me that they would be changing my DD from £115/month to £195/month despite the fact that the account was in credit.

That was the final straw, I told them I wasn't prepared to have the same argument with them every couple of months and that I would be leaving asap.

So now I'm waiting on Green to manage the switch — it's a 12-month fixed so hopefully I won't have to deal with inane price rises for at least a year…

Soldato
That's why I like octopus, pay exactly the bill amount each month. None of this silly average monthly amount that always puts you in credit.

Soldato
That's why I like octopus, pay exactly the bill amount each month. None of this silly average monthly amount that always puts you in credit.

Octopus' estimate works out £175 more expensive over the year compared to Green.Energy — the combined standing charge is higher and the electricity unit rate is higher.

I'll see how Green performs over the year and put Octopus at the top of the list next year if I feel like I need to switch again.

Back
Top Bottom