• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Well 168 For the Aorus master, lets see how long does it takes. It is very unlikely that ocuk would get more than 50 on the first batch of cards but hopefully, I am mistaken lol

Associate
Given that the original 3070 launch was supposed to be on the 15th, it wouldn't surprise me if sea freight arrives to distribution centres in the next week. Potentially then, that could be the first "huge" restock of 3080s since launch and would coincide with what we've heard re availability. Makes sense logically, but who knows, might be wishful thinking.

Associate
Hey guys, to anyone that has placed an order today or yesterday after the queue emails went out, do you get a queue number along with your purchase confirmation or do you reckon you will have to wait until next friday to get an update along with everyone else?

Associate
Given that the original 3070 launch was supposed to be on the 15th, it wouldn't surprise me if sea freight arrives to distribution centres in the next week. Potentially then, that could be the first "huge" restock of 3080s since launch and would coincide with what we've heard re availability. Makes sense logically, but who knows, might be wishful thinking.
unfortunately I think that whatever stock is being produced is being transported via air freight. I don't think there are many, if any at all, sitting on a massive ship waiting to save everyone's day. If so then there would be an ETA on these cards.

Edit: That being said i've been told by a competitor before i cancelled their order that they were going to fulfill all preorders in the month of october but im pretty sure they were just saying that to keep people from cancelling...

Associate
Hey guys, to anyone that has placed an order today or yesterday after the queue emails went out, do you get a queue number along with your purchase confirmation or do you reckon you will have to wait until next friday to get an update along with everyone else?
You should get a different email with you queue number, it might take a few days to be sent to you tho.

Associate
Heard that there isn’t even going to be a non-OC model of the Strix 3080. If that’s true then it’s BS that I was able to pre order one and sit on it for two weeks with payment taken. I’m 24th in the queue for a card that isn’t even coming out

Associate
Well that is interesting. I ordered on the 20th and am position 1500-ish. So in 6 days there were 249 more orders ? Sounds low, really low.I think I got pushed at the back of the queue because I do.not have connections.

I ordered the day before you and am at 1130. I'm sure the pre orders got taken off for a bit after that? It is what it is.

Associate
Asus likely won't be affected by golden week, they have factories outside of China and also use a process called Auto Extreme to manufacture their cards which doesn't require workers to assemble them.

They are also shipping via DHL which is costing them more but means products will be coming in faster.

Of course this is dependant on them getting the materials to build with which is another story completely.

Associate
Heard that there isn’t even going to be a non-OC model of the Strix 3080. If that’s true then it’s BS that I was able to pre order one and sit on it for two weeks with payment taken. I’m 24th in the queue for a card that isn’t even coming out

Stuff I have seen said they were prioritising the OC version with Non OC to come after.

Associate
unfortunately I think that whatever stock is being produced is being transported via air freight. I don't think there are many, if any at all, sitting on a massive ship waiting to save everyone's day. If so then there would be an ETA on these cards.

It doesn't need a 'massive ship' it just needs a few containers on a massive ship :)

Their production capacity greatly exceeds their ability, or desire, to use expensive and currently very limited air freight.

Should start seeing more solid commitments once the containers are unloaded, cleared customs and on to local distribution, to do so before that would be of necessity very vague which is why there is talk about larger quantities late October/November.

The big problem this time has simply been the rush that Nvidia caused by only giving the AIB manufacturers a couple of weeks to ramp up production and the 'capacitor' problems was mostly down to the lack of final drivers until the very last minute.

So without the ability to position stock and prime the distribution channels you get the mess we are in now.

Last edited:
Associate
The lack of concerted updates from Gigabyte concerns me. Most other AIB's have seen some, if only a little movement, in shipments.

As far as I can tell, Gigabyte hasn't sent anything further to OcUK since their initial allotment (assuming they had any, because I have not seen anyone with an Eagle or Gaming OC from OcUK, although I may have missed them).

Being number 508 in the Q for an Eagle makes me think I will not see the card this year unless there are some hefty shipments on their way.

As they say, Hope springs eternal!

Associate
Starting to doubt the Aorus Xtreme a little. Why on earth would they still not have the clock speeds released?
I know they said they will be releasing in two weeks but sat here at 116 in the queue it’s making me feel like I’m a million miles away from seeing my card.

Associate
The lack of concerted updates from Gigabyte concerns me. Most other AIB's have seen some, if only a little movement, in shipments.

As far as I can tell, Gigabyte hasn't sent anything further to OcUK since their initial allotment (assuming they had any, because I have not seen anyone with an Eagle or Gaming OC from OcUK, although I may have missed them).

Being number 508 in the Q for an Eagle makes me think I will not see the card this year unless there are some hefty shipments on their way.

As they say, Hope springs eternal!

think we had a simultaneous mental connection for a second there haha

Associate
Starting to doubt the Aorus Xtreme a little. Why on earth would they still not have the clock speeds released?

If the rumours are to be believed, the vloggers got the retail drivers before they were sent to the AIB's, when they were finally able to test against the drivers we got into the 'capacitorgate' issues and new drivers were released so for those looking to push the clock speeds, there has been about a week to test their designs and clocks against retail drivers so it feels perfectly believable that anyone wanting to push to the limits is going to be a little late announcing what the limit is...

Associate
Asus likely won't be affected by golden week, they have factories outside of China and also use a process called Auto Extreme to manufacture their cards which doesn't require workers to assemble them.

They are also shipping via DHL which is costing them more but means products will be coming in faster.

Of course this is dependant on them getting the materials to build with which is another story completely.
Sounds good pal.
Can you tell us a little more about the process auto extreme?

Associate

Asus use Foxconn for board assembly which is in China and will be affected by Golden week.

Associate
I know they said they will be releasing in two weeks but sat here at 116 in the queue it’s making me feel like I’m a million miles away from seeing my card.
Gigabyte tw account said that around the 7th the UK should get a nice shipment of cards including the first Masters but the extreme comes a 1 week after

Back
Top Bottom