• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3080 Owners Thread

Caporegime
Don't forget these really don't overclock well, also even though some appear to be overclocked and stable make sure you check each small increase with a benchmark/fps test. As these cards according to reviews will start to hemorrhage performance when overclocked too far even though they appear stable overclocks.

Indeed. Since the bios always tries to keep the power envelope below a set amount and the more power means more heat and every 5c above 70c drops the boost by 15mhz, you can increase the offset and the power and actually have a slower card in fps in games.

Even more so with the error correcting memory. You may well be stable but there is so much error correcting going on, your card is slower.

Plus the more you increase the memory, the less your boost goes to as the card has to keep the total power of the board below a set amount.

Makes overclocking a 3000 series really weird as the old methods of just increasing core and memory bit by bit until its not stable doesnt work anymore.

Soldato
Would turning the clocks up actually make a difference on these?

When ever I'm playing games they down clock because of power limit.

I already have +9 power limit and running at 65c

Associate
Don't forget these really don't overclock well, also even though some appear to be overclocked and stable make sure you check each small increase with a benchmark/fps test. As these cards according to reviews will start to hemorrhage performance when overclocked too far even though they appear stable overclocks.

That's the thing I read this online. But running 100% stable at 170mhz extra to core. Baffled me to be honest some of the YouTubers can't even get 50mhz higher so seem to have hit a bit of silicone lottery with it.

Ran all 3d mark tests uni engine on test loop for 60 minutes and played about an hour of destiny 2.

I've got a gigabyte gaming oc due next week and an asus rog strix (331 in queue) on order as well. So gonna test out which is best and sell the others.

Associate
The website I purchased from has had its delivery delayed this week

Same place I ordered my Trio from.
I have no idea when I will receive my card. There is no info other than dates of expected delivery.
It took me an hour to place my order due to the website crashing.
Maybe I will see it this year!

Associate
Same place I ordered my Trio from.
I have no idea when I will receive my card. There is no info other than dates of expected delivery.
It took me an hour to place my order due to the website crashing.
Maybe I will see it this year!
I got my order in at 14.10. Along with the expected delivery dates there end they've also said the orders they will be getting will be really small. It would be nice to have some kind it idea but I haven't got a clue

Associate
That's the thing I read this online. But running 100% stable at 170mhz extra to core. Baffled me to be honest some of the YouTubers can't even get 50mhz higher so seem to have hit a bit of silicone lottery with it.

Ran all 3d mark tests uni engine on test loop for 60 minutes and played about an hour of destiny 2.

I've got a gigabyte gaming oc due next week and an asus rog strix (331 in queue) on order as well. So gonna test out which is best and sell the others.
Unprecedented demand right there :rolleyes:

Permabanned
20201001-223528.jpg

Finally took piccy with post it for the RoH :cool:

I'm not a fan of windowed cases or RGB, but that looks awesome! Only 166 people to go before they send out my TUF OC.....

Associate
I didn’t no, I ordered from a competitor a few days ago as their website showed they had stock and their customer service department said they just had a delivery of 400 units arrive :(

Just looked at their trustpilot reviews... Looks like a lot of very disappointed people. I guess they never had stock. Glad I skipped them...

Associate
Just looked at their trustpilot reviews... Looks like a lot of very disappointed people. I guess they never had stock. Glad I skipped them...

I had a thread going on the PC Parts Facebook page and there was several others who had ordered from the same company and all had their orders cancelled. Now to wait a week to get my money back :(

Associate
I had a thread going on the PC Parts Facebook page and there was several others who had ordered from the same company and all had their orders cancelled. Now to wait a week to get my money back :(

if its the same company were talking about did they not offer them 20% of voucher on whatever there next purchase is ? :D

Back
Top Bottom