• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Xbox Series X/S will let users delete certain parts of games to free up space.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/j46h7m/xbox_series_xs_will_let_users_delete_certain/

Another neat new feature for next gen Xbox. Should help with the limited storage space, if devs choose to support it (which I really hope they do). I don't really do multiplayer any more (except co-op and in games like Sea of Thieves), so I'd happily not install that entire side of things and save tens of GB in the process.

This has existed for years on the current Xbox. Only Halo and Doom use it out of the games I own and I expect next gen games to be the same.

Storage space is seen as a problem for the end user not the developers.

Soldato
By the time storage is an issue the expansion will be cheaper and I’ll just buy that. With a quick internet connection it’s almost irrelevant anyway.

this.

quick question - I bought a Xbox / Seagate 4tb external hard drive. Can i run Xbox one games directly from the drive on the series X? Or does it need to be in the the internal drive first?

I know dedicated series X games need the internal, but one games??

Man of Honour
this.

quick question - I bought a Xbox / Seagate 4tb external hard drive. Can i run Xbox one games directly from the drive on the series X? Or does it need to be in the the internal drive first?

I know dedicated series X games need the internal, but one games??

It’s far better to run them from an external SSD but they will work fine directly from that drive.

Soldato
It’s far better to run them from an external SSD but they will work fine directly from that drive.

yeah, I looked at ssd , but the way I seen it, it isn’t that bad off my current Xbox with a standard hard drive, so can live with similar performance on standard Xbox one games on the series X..

Soldato
My one X has an internal SSD and I could not go back to the hard drive now. Series X/S is 5x faster so imagine it will be a similar improvement again.... Saying that we have had nvme drives on pc for years and other than flight sim I don’t notice any difference between them. Shows how lazy or console driven pc gaming really is....

Man of Honour
Shows how lazy or console driven pc gaming really is....

Absolutely, especially when you see some tiny graphical improvements and the hardware requirement that jumps up 2-3 times. Reminds me of zero dawn recently that basically needed a 2080 while looking hardly any different to the console version.

Soldato
Tried out the gamepass cloud streaming on my nvidia shield tv and yeah its not quite there yet :p

Probably looks ok on a phone screen as intended but very compressed on a tv. Saying that it wasn't a million miles off what console streaming looked like to my pc from the one x on highest settings. Hopefully local streaming from the Series S / X will be a big improvement as would be nice to access the console on a second tv.

Man of Honour
Tried out the gamepass cloud streaming on my nvidia shield tv and yeah its not quite there yet :p

Probably looks ok on a phone screen as intended but very compressed on a tv. Saying that it wasn't a million miles off what console streaming looked like to my pc from the one x on highest settings. Hopefully local streaming from the Series S / X will be a big improvement as would be nice to access the console on a second tv.

I’ve got my fingers crossed. It would be a big plus to be able to stream at a high quality on my PC from the X.

Soldato
So with the pre-production Series X that has been unleashed on various YouTubers, do we know when the next set of things can be revealed? So far it has only been quick resume, loads times etc.? Anyone know when the next embargo is lifted?

Soldato
Guess they'll keep the best stuff held back to create some buzz closer to launch. I hope they do some Series S reviews before launch as well as I'm still not 100% on keeping my pre-order.

Soldato
Just had an email from ShopTo saying that I won't be getting a Series X on day one. I'm a little surprised since I registered my interest for both PS5 and Series X in mid June and confirmed my preorder as soon as the option were available and they confirmed that I got a PS5 for day one last week. I just expected to be able to get a Series X easier than a PS5. Still, I've got an Amazon preorder in as a backup so all is not lost yet. In all honesty they'd be doing me a favour by not allocating me one as neither console has any must-have stuff going on for a while anyway.

OMG111!!!1111 you ordered more then one console, what about little Timmy on the estate who won't be able to have one now because you tried to order two and his mum needed Klarna so badly for such an inexpensive item. I'm being ironic btw, just lolling at all the virtue signallers who had no grasp of the concept that orders wouldn't be fulfilled, so me ordering more than one wasn't such a stupid idea now... :p

Back
Top Bottom