Mafia Trilogy Remaster

Soldato
Is Mafia 3 DE worth picking up for cheap? I played it for like an hour when it was free on PS Plus but couldn't stand 30fps.

I know it's not really a Mafia game but is there enough story and setting wise to be worth a shot? I heard the story is pretty good and the setting is interesting so maybe?

Soldato
OP
Depends how cheap. If you want something to plough through without thinking too much then yeah it's OK. The core combat and driving is pretty good. It's repetitive though.

I also couldn't get on with the graphics. They're oddly blurry or something.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Done with the first one this week, will start the second one tonight.

First was shorter than I thought it would be TBH.

Soldato
Is Mafia 3 DE worth picking up for cheap? I played it for like an hour when it was free on PS Plus but couldn't stand 30fps.

I know it's not really a Mafia game but is there enough story and setting wise to be worth a shot? I heard the story is pretty good and the setting is interesting so maybe?

I enjoyed it, it has a simple revenge story but well executed, atmosphere and gameplay are strong. Mission structure is a bit repetitive and it lacks lot of the features and attention to detail, but it's still fun. PC version looks good if maxed and downsampled from 3K, plus 60fps is a must.

Soldato
Finished 1 today, the ending is worse and more corny, kinda misses the impact of the original. I'd rate the game 7.5-8.0 overall.

I enjoyed it, it has a simple revenge story but well executed, atmosphere and gameplay are strong. Mission structure is a bit repetitive and it lacks lot of the features and attention to detail, but it's still fun. PC version looks good if maxed and downsampled from 3K, plus 60fps is a must.

Yeah, I'll give it a punt. The gameplay looks serviceable and if the story and atmosphere are decent, this seems like something I'd play at this time and price.

Caporegime

Definitely worth it, I really enjoyed it. The setting is actually one of the best bits imo.

Satisfying stealth and gunplay are two others.

Soldato
Played about two hours of it, really enjoying the setting, cutscenes and the music.

Combat and animations are better than in Mafia 1 DE, for whatever reason.

The only letdown so far are the uneven graphics. Sometimes it looks quite bad but it can also look pretty damn good. I can live with it, the visuals aren't terrible and the rest seems promising so far.

Soldato
Just completed story, they tease you by getting on a train in a cut scene, Sam has a bow tie on in last mission - nostalgia lol

Also shot a guy right in the forehead, he's on screen with a bullet hole third eye..... Still standing, firing at me. I ran out of bullets, went back to loot the dead and all their guns had disappeared. Luckily the guys trying to kill me were facing away from the corridor I had ran down to loot the dead, and were chill relaxing rather than trying to kill me, just awful gameplay

I didn't load any boxes either, felt very short, were missions cut?

Soldato
OP
Yeah the these guys can tank a headshot or two with weaker weapons, whilst at the same time being unphased enough to still be shooting you! I went onto Mafia 2 DE and on hard it's so much easier than Mafia 1 DE.

It is shorter thanks to the removal of Lucas' missions but there's actually quite a lot of content in Freeride mode now I've dug around a bit. Definitely going to put a few hours in to it and complete all the Freeride Extreme style missions (but they're just too diffiuclt on Classic mode for me so I've dropped it to normal).

Yep and even worse is that's the very first mission, very first thing you do and they take over the driving for you. A driving game where the game drives for you. Crazy. Luckily this was the only instance I can remember of this

Yeah it's not a very good first impression to be honest but I noticed the roadworks / ramps are highlighted on your map whenever you get a wanted level so that you can use the shortcut mechanic to lose a cop car (not that I ever needed to as they're pretty easy to shake regardless).

Load any boxes?

Felt short indeed but I don't think other than lucas missions that anything was cut.

The chap in here that plays the game regularly can prob comment better about the length of time it takes him to complete mafia original

Soldato
OP
The loading boxes mission is replaced with the forced stealth mission in the docks. In the loading boxes mission you also (in the original) had to grab a truck that was driving around (best technique is to box it in on one of the narrow streets near where it unloads) and beat a guy for his papers. Then drive around the docks finding the right place to get the boxes, then the box loading, so a lot more invovled.

Soldato
I didn't play the original (Mafia 1) and haven't bought the remaster but I'm watching a playthrough and am rather enjoying the story so far.

I'm definitely tempted to buy it but the asking price is a bit too steep for me, atm.

Soldato
I didn't play the original (Mafia 1) and haven't bought the remaster but I'm watching a playthrough and am rather enjoying the story so far.

I'm definitely tempted to buy it but the asking price is a bit too steep for me, atm.

Its £25.99 on cdkeys today, I'm almost tempted by that

Back
Top Bottom