Recommendations for a new car

Associate
Currently have a 2004 Ford Fiesta and missus wants an update.

What she is after:
- Small SUV
- ~15K 23K budget (although I'd prefer less)
- < 35K miles
- Reliable

I'd also prefer:
- Automatic
- Parking sensors

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Whilst in a similar situation last year, we bought the wife a Skoda Yeti.

You could get a last off the production line 2017 car, likely in Monte Carlo or Laurin & Klement spec for your budget. Or spend a fair bit less and get an SE L.

1 Year's AUC warranty was included and now we're paying a whopping £182/year for the extended Skoda warranty.

Associate
Skoda Karoq 1.0Tsi. The DSG box is great and works really well with the 118bhp petrol engine, All come with front and rear parking sensors and the SE L has all the sat nav and apple carply, etc. Very good car, comfortable and practical.

It might be a little large though.

Associate
OP
Well she has a 2004 Ford Fiesta which is getting to the end of its life. We've started making longer trips in the car recently so looking for something that can go around town but is more comfortable for those longer trips.
She also complains about the car not being about to get up to speed quickly enough.
With regards to the budget, she has something like an Audi Q3 in mind, but in my head, I don't see why its worth the "premium" tag.

Soldato
You might be able to get a used Lexus UX for around that budget, it's likely to be reliable and comes full of tech. No idea how it is to drive but I have driven a ct200h which it's kind of based on and that was quite nice if a tad slow.

Last edited:
Associate
With regards to the budget, she has something like an Audi Q3 in mind, but in my head, I don't see why its worth the "premium" tag.

I'd recommend test driving one! I had thought about the Audi "Premium" tag when I was looking at my S3 vs Golf R/Cupra.

I was shocked at how much better built the Audi interior was to even a Golf R, not a single rattle on my 65 Plate with almost 40k Miles.

Soldato

That depends largely on what you value in a car - on paper there's not necessarily much a Q3 does better than the sister cars like the Skoda Karoq/Kodiaq for example if you're simply after 'a car'.

What you'll get is everything involved being (in theory) 'more premium' - more attention on interior design and materials, more sound insulation for a quieter ride, some of the latest tech features that may not be available on the lesser marques - that sort of thing.
im thinking Honda CHR ?
Honda CR-V or Toyota C-HR? :p

Back
Top Bottom