*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
I remember doing "crunch time" when programming, and we got sweet FA for doing overtime in a salaried job.

Getting paid time and a half for doing it, I would have bitten their hands off.

One Sunday (!) at about ten in the evening, we got treated to a pizza, whoop-de ******* do.

Associate
I remember doing "crunch time" when programming, and we got sweet FA for doing overtime in a salaried job.

Getting paid time and a half for doing it, I would have bitten their hands off.

One Sunday (!) at about ten in the evening, we got treated to a pizza, whoop-de ******* do.

I'm paid by the hour.. My first 10 hours overtime are flat rate, after 10 hours it comes down..
Royal Mail, what a great employer..

Associate
At least you're getting some dosh!

But yeh, times have changed.

I used to work in warehousing when I was younger and o/t was paid at time and a half, and double time for a Sunday.

Same as Perkins who i work for. Time and a half for any OT that isn't a Sunday, and double on Sunday. Theres no OT now, im leaving in March its gone down the pan. Been there sicne 2003.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The 40+ minute gameplay video from 2018 even though it doesn't show the latest RTX features etc still look stunning and given that the current state of the game looks better still just shows how good CDPR are to their craft unlike many other devs that have to downgrade the visuals for the release versions.

Caporegime
I work for a very large insurance company and due to covid we had to work pretty much flat out for months, holiday requests were "blacked out" and overtime paid, now covid and the travel side has calmed down, we're in a motor peak, partly due to delay in customers orders for the new 70 plates, and September (along with March) are the two period of high volume. As a staff member am I annoyed, nope it is what it is, times are unprecedented, the overtime is welcomed and I'd hope when it blows over, we'd be rewarded.

I hope this is the case with CDP. I will support them with my collectors edition pre order. I also hope their workload and creativity leads them onto some amazing things in the future.

The companies I wont support are places like primark, nike, weatherspoons... for far mroe obvious and less rewarding reasons.
I’m sure you’ll get a ‘thanks for all your hard work during these trying and difficult times’ email from the CEO.

Back
Top Bottom