Poll: Which next gen console will you be buying first?

Which Next Gen Console are you getting first?

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • PS5

Votes: 46 51.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
It was going to be a PS5

Been out of the loop for ages, but getting myself up to speed last few weeks, I see no rush at all to get the PS5 for exclusives just yet, and I kind of like the whole package MS are offering right now.

So XBSX

Soldato
Ps5 next March, nothing out on either that i must have till next year, this years Cyberpunk, Assassin's Creed and Watchdogs are not exactly next gen and my 2080super laptop will play them well enough.

Soldato
Only time in my life for one console - PS5 all the way.
It was a competition for a little while, as those first pieces of information started to surface - but race was won a few months back when we saw the first reveal shows and the forthcoming games.

Associate
It was going to get PS5......but ordered the series x instead, game pass is too good of an offer now, plus the extra grunt of the series x should outperform ps5 in third party titles, also I've been impressed the way MS have handled everything this year in being very open and confident in their system, detailing it's specs and features etc, letting the gaming media have plenty of hands on experience while Sony have been very reserved and almost secretive, I just think MS have got their house in order this time and learned from past mistakes while Sony are relying on brand loyalty and a few blockbuster exclusives in their portfolio (this coming from someone who has leant towards playstation as their go to system since ps3)....I will get a PS5 eventually as I always end up buying all the consoles but atm MS is offering far more

Soldato
Xbox series X on launch due to Gamepass Ultimate deal and the fact I play Forza.

I'm not really a gamer at all but wanted to see how they fair on mu C9 OLED.

Soldato
Series X despite being PS pretty much all the way so far. Game Pass, design, footprint etc. all swung it for me. May get a PS5 down the road but I would have to be missing out on something really special to justify it.

Soldato
Series X. PS looks like it'll have no exclusives that interest me this generation whereas Xbox does. Plus, when it comes to multiplatform games, I much prefer the controller and lack of noise/ridiculous heat that comes with an Xbox.

Soldato
XB, first time ever, PS have a long long way to go to catch up. Unfortunately 3rd person cinematic game isn't going to draw me back. There are a lot of games that could but they are all pipedreams.
Pretty much this, had no interest in SX a few months ago but with their recent acquisitions and Game Pass it seems too good to miss, Microsoft have really made strides.

The PS exclusives so far everything they have shown just doesn't interest me at all, and with the cost of games going up to £70 I'll probably just play PS Plus free games on my Pro, probably bar HZD2 which I'll buy secondhand on disc.

Soldato
I have an S ordered but currently looking for a ps5 basically for Demon Souls and GT. As far as I'm concerned these two games are system sellers.

Xbox currently has no first party game that's tempting me at all but happy to have an S model for gamepass.

Soldato
XSX for me. As others have said, Gamepass plus the recent MS acquisitions including adding EAPlay to gamepass bode well for the future. The PS5 exclusives seem a fair way out and don't really interest me enough to balance out the extra horsepower XSX has in multi platform games which will by far be the majority of the games I end up playing over the years. Quite like the idea of X Cloud streaming to my phone, the efforts MS have made towards supporting cross platform gaming and the backward compatibility as well. All things considered there just doesn't seem much point for me to try PS at this point.

Soldato
I'll be doing the usual - stick with PC and wait a year or even two to see which console comes out on top. There's been nothing really that would make me want to buy either on release so far.

Soldato
Xbox series X at launch.

I'll buy a PS5 if I really want to play any PS exclusives, it didn't happen with the PS2/PS3/PS4, but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom