**The Mental Health Thread**

RxR

RxR

Soldato
@Acrotomophilia - you may find the information on page 12 and 28 of the following fact- filled professional psychiatry clinical practice guidelines for mood disorders document useful - it is a more than 100 page pdf from a royal psychiatry society:

https://www.ranzcp.org/Files/Resources/Publications/CPG/Clinician/Mood-Disorders-CPG.aspx

There are several lines (levels) of treatment in defending people from eg. depression, major depression, etc. Eg. See the flowchart in the above practitioner file to see what level of treatment defense you are at / have received so far. There is no need to lose hope.

Edit. If you like to know which page precedes the pdf file before downloading it, it is this one:

https://www.ranzcp.org/practice-education/guidelines-and-resources-for-practice

Last edited:
Soldato
I got to what i hope is the "end" of my mental health treatment and what finally did it for me was a combination of Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy and Cognitive behavioural therapy and medication.
Im no longer on medications as i feel worse on them. Whilst i still suffer awfully with Seasonal depression owing to darker nights etc, but the things which was pushing me towards suicide have long gone

I know its hard work to reach out for help and the doctors who read the script do not help one bit i agree 100%. Ask for crisis team if you don't feel safe and are at risk from yourself and seek out a therapist. I paid close to £500 for all my sessions but money is a drop in the ocean for how i feel for it now. If money is an issue then ask for help, Even something as little as venting on here maybe beneficial to you and relieve a little. Medication doesnt solve depression or anxiety sadly it only keeps it at bay until its dealt with. Its safe to talk here its not a bad thing to talk and ask for help.

Don't sit and feel unsafe with yourself its not nice, Your never a burden to anyone no matter what.
I've been passed back and fourth via the mental health system for over twenty years. I've tried just about everything to no avail.

Associate
Where would you say my hallucinations come from? I think they are the same as dreams except I am awake. I believe we all have a subconscious mind (not unconscious because it is defiantly conscious) that can talk to us via hallucinations if it is ill or sees fit due to exceptional circumstance.

What do you think controls your heart beating etc?

RxR

RxR

Soldato
I have many diagnoses one being CPTSD. I got tested for asperger's when I was very young and narrowly missed the diagnosis via a few points or however they grade it.

The CPTSD you allude to is of course re-pairable / recoverable-from with a suitable treatment approach, speaking from experience. There are many treatment method types, and many more still in research and development aiming to improve on existing methods (eg. aiming to be easier, faster, cheaper, etc).

Re. ASD and Aspergers... if your IQ is above 80 (which is clearly indicated by your posts) and you have autism spectrum behaviour, upregulated genes, particular gait, touch sensitivity (eg. really not into hugs), inflammatory profile indicators, social communication / reasoning challenges, etc, you have Aspergers. Though Aspergers as a category was lumped into a more general single replacement category of "Autism Spectrum Disorder" in the change from editions 4 to 5 of the DSM some years ago.

There are some more visibly obvious physical indicators of most cases of ASD of course - eg. gaze length and focus characteristics, facial muscle tone characteristics (lips, eyelids), etc. Also, most ASD is of genetic origin, and not too hard to spot higher (by the same characteristics) in the family tree, in older siblings, etc.

ASD is nothing to worry about in a lot of cases: most scientists, engineers, mathematicians (not to mention more than a few tech company CEO's) have it in varying degrees. And lets not forget IQ has a significant inheritable component. ASD does not impair IQ in every case, rather, it can increase IQ (by nurture, and autoformation) given the automatic systems thinking bias (eg. automatic abstract relationship detection).

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Nb. I left off auditory (sound processing) differences above, as well as neural organ dynamics, as these are well known in the field.

Edit. Touch sensitivity does not exclude the other equal relative skin insensitivity commonly found in some ASD and Aspergers types that can appear as partial neurasthenia.

Last edited:
Soldato
The CPTSD you allude to is of course re-pairable / recoverable-from with a suitable treatment approach, speaking from experience. There are many treatment method types, and many more still in research and development aiming to improve on existing methods (eg. aiming to be easier, faster, cheaper, etc)

I was about seven years old when I had an Asperger's test in the late 1980's. Growing up with twenty years of domestic violence I fear has already taken its toll and permanently shaped my psyche, on top of that I have EUPD and at the age of thirty eight I'm worried through experience over the years with different therapies I'm to far gone to be fixed.

I'm like a stick of dynamite on a roller coaster most of the time and the only way I can calm myself down is through burning myself out through exercise. I find it almost impossible to stay focused on almost anything and I'm terribly fickle with maintaining routines.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
@Acrotomophilia - odd as it may seem to you, your symptoms are entirely understandable, and in fact, not beyond repair. Your view is perfectly rational of course and there is nothing wrong with your standard of judgement - if you could now, or could have fixed it yourself, you certainly would have. The bare fact of you mentioning it here provides sufficient and adequate proof that you havent given in, havent given up, nor surrendered your correct moral standards that "bad enuff results / pain and suffering / aint good enough". Every healthy person shares your view.

I dont doubt you have tried many thousands of times, tried this thought and that, this expert and that that was available, and come to the quite sound logical conclusion based on that long multiyear large body of evidence based on the actual facts of lived experience (versus some theorists ripped pantyhose intellectual model) that the chance of beating it is arguably rather low. Based on the evidence you have so far. However, I disagree with your conclusion, only from possessing additional knowledge, lived experience, and results.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
@Acrotomophilia - if I may make a few further comments.

Firstly, it is important not to get hung up on convenient labels, since to do so is usually to miss the simpler underlying point.

Domestic violence during early development is known to be sufficient to cause -》 a) trauma (trauma without, ptsd), and b) BPD (various varieties*, including 'EUPD' subvariety).

There is no 'personality defect' required, or necessary to have been there before the traumatising event. The mind's subsequent reaction and state is simply the result of the automatic (you werent consulted, nor could choose) attempted protective defense reaction to the social/physical/cytokine / extreme stress chemistry provoked and made chronic by prolonged exposure to an objectively toxic environment.

Toxic - damaging or debilitating to the normal development, growth, maintenance of organ function, acutely or permanently disruptive of system regulation within coping range or ability to maintain stability (homeostasis) in a host organism.

Of course, the brain remains the primary governor in recovery from ptsd, as many years of private research showed, and many of the destabilising effects that developed as a result of the trauma - hence my use of arrows above - (multisystem inflammatory and stress system effects, including social, attention and executive control impairments) have been seen to clear up without any further effort.

Btw, your brain certainly has enough firepower left in the tank to recover (neural plasticity) relatively quickly if you are capable of being irritated, annoyed, etc. Else, you can get the same result, but it will (scientifically speaking) take significantly longer.

Of course, if you have Aspergers , even complex ptsd and the bpd can be resolved quicker as a benefit of having the autistic traits. Speaking from experience, of course.

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
@Acrotomophilia - a funny thing I found in my many years of research - it requires the use of somewhat slower and opposite neurochemistry induction to produce similar recovery effects in neurotypical (so-called normal, ie. the statistical normal (68 per cent) majority of the population).

This is due to their greater actual sensitivity (to functional negativity, distressors), which turns out to be an adaptive relative disadvantage in above moderate to extreme stress situations, where agility, flexibility, empathy and presentness impose / then exact their own high hidden price.

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Much can be predicted about what the best (most effective, fastest, easiest) treatment approach is for a particular individual by their answers to three (seemingly unrelated) questions.

One of which is:

1. Would you rather be:

A) right (factually correct)?

or

B) fair?

Another question:

2. Which one of the following outcomes do you usually prefer when performing a task?:

A) to succeed at it

or

B) to not fail at it.

Last edited:
Associate
Surprised to see a thread like this here to be honest, but I'm glad there is. I have never been officially diagnosed with a mental health issue but I know I do have a problem within me. My sister has been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, but I think she is in a worse state that I have ever been.

My wife did send me to a Councillor last year but to be honest I only revealed part of the truth and then just told the councellor what I thought she want to hear so she let me go thinking I didnt need her anymore. Anyone else done that?

Having said that I am feeling quite good at the moment. Although I do procrastinate a lot and find it hard to motivate myself. I am certainly not in the very dark place that I have been in the past.

Soldato
Much can be predicted about what the best (most effective, fastest, easiest) treatment approach is for a particular individual by their answers to three (seemingly unrelated) questions.

One of which is:

1. Would you rather be:

or

B) fair?

Another question:

2. Which one of the following outcomes do you usually prefer when performing a task?:

A) to succeed at it

or

B) to not fail at it.
First one A second one B.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
It's now after midnight here and it has been a long day. However, Acrotomotophilia, I will state more clearly - your prospects for a full recovery are excellent.

Associate

One of which is:

1. Would you rather be:

or

B) fair?

Another question:

A) to succeed at it

or

B) to not fail at it.

For me, my answers are A to question 1, and B to question 2.

Associate
I have a thing that I massively over worry about relitivly small things eg. Cars mot but when that problem is over another worry will filll the void. Maybe it's a way of avoiding the big issues of mortality ect, don't know but feel I need a mind remap of some sort to focus on positivity, it's not like I don't have a good life, just my mind is broken a little

Most likely the doctor would prescribe an antidepressant for you - and that's okay,
not scary.
but maybe you just need to change the atmosphere for a while, relax, do not routine but favorite things)

Back
Top Bottom