• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I’m probably stupid

Associate
Ok guys and girls, I bought a new to me Sapphire RX580 to replace the integrated gpu , I went into the bios and disabled the integrated, installed the card but I get nothing on my display??
What am I doing wrong?
I rechecked the connections several times already

Man of Honour
Check it is seated correctly in the PCI-e socket - are you using the full size socket nearest the CPU?

Soldato
If you have not updated your motherboard BIOS, do that first. It could be an old bios it's running on and causing issues like this. Update your motherboard BIOS and work from there.

Soldato
You might need to go back to onboard graphics to go into the bios to update the bios. But first check the website of the mobo manufacturer to see if there is a more recent bios to download.
I'd also try resetting back to defaults or even a doing a CMOS reset (worse case).
Before all that, have you tried a few cold starts? Ie, power off at the wall, press the on button, turn back on at the wall and boot up? Repeat a few times.
I had a mobo before that reacted badly to GPU changes. I'm still unsure what process I had to use to get it working but remember trying all of the above at some point then it'd suddenly would start working. Think is was a Gigabyte z77 board with a 3770K installed. Once it worked, all was fine until the next GPU upgrade
could have course be a faulty gpu.

Associate
Somewhere in the bios, there should be an option called 'Primary video output' or something similar. It should be set to PCIe.
As I can't see your bios, I'm assuming that this option would likely be separate to enabling/disabling the integrated.

Soldato
Ok did a cmos reset and the integrated graphics work again

Right now you update your BIOS if there is a newer one. With the integrated graphics. Also if your motherboard has a flashback feature you could do it blind anyways by sticking a usb stick into a port they suggest and clicking a button on back normally or on the motherboard.

Not sure what you are running as I didn't see system specs.

Associate
OP
MSI pro carbon B450 with a Ryzen 3 2200G,
32 gb ram, 500gb m.2 storage,
Corsair 650 ps

Trying to add this Sapphire RX580 8gb

Dropping the daughter at uni so I will restart the process when I get home
Thank you

Associate
What monitor are you using? Can you select which type of connection it uses. On my DELL if I want switch between DP and HDMI I have to manually select it (I'm sure it should be automatic but it isn't). As you state you were using onboard graphics previously I'm not sure what method was used to connect your monitor to the motherboard. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom