** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Very happy the new batches seem to be problem free - just hope OC's stock are at least N8!! After getting 5 (5!) CRG's, I don't fancy have to haggle and send multiple monitors back.

Associate
Right mostly good news. I got an august build with no dead pixels or light bleed. Ace. However im noticing a bit of screen flicker with adaptive sync on and hdr on in games (iracing). It seems if my fps drops below 100 when I’m 120hz mode I get subtle flicker. If I reduce detail to give an FPS nearer 120 more consistently then it’s fine. Wonder if this is something the firmware v6 improves... I’m on 5.4 at the moment.

Associate
Wahooooo! The N8 I received today is spot on. No light bleed at all. It was 3rd time lucky after all. No obvious sign of dead or stuck pixels but I'm not going to start looking for them!

Can't test flicker as I'm running from a MacBook Pro at the moment. By the way - Apples new OSX (Big Sur) now runs 5120x1440 natively. MacBooks have always been locked out of that but it certainly works on my 2017 13" machine.

Roll on getting an Nvidia 30 series card now.

Associate
So I updated to the latest firmware from my 5.4 and it seems to have sorted the flicker issue out i was seeing. However assetto cc’s colours have gone mad. Though other games seem ok. What a minefield!

Associate
Hi, has anyone played Total War Warhammer (or any of the recent TW titles) on this, and if so would it be possible to post any pics of how the monitor treats the far left and right sides please? Im thinking of getting one to replace my current monitors, which are 2 * Dell U2715 flatscreens, so one samsung g9 gives me the same pixel count as what i have, of course the tech is much better! Ive never had a curved monitor before so im wondering what differences i might see? Usually i play TW Warhammer, sniper elite and home office use, ie net, email, some doc editing.
That reminds me, with 2 monitors, when i open email or the net, it automatically opens to fill one or other screen. If i drag the windows around on a single super wide monitor, will the system remember next time i open the same program or will i have to resize windows every time i turn on the pc please?
Finally, my graphics card is a 980 ti, would i be missing anything fundamental trying to power a g9 off this card?

Soldato
YE1NVh7.jpg

So far so good, will update if any problems arise going forward

Changing overdrive to standard then enabling Adaptive-Sync removes all the text scrolling issues as some else mentioned.

Associate
YE1NVh7.jpg

So far so good, will update if any problems arise going forward

Changing overdrive to standard then enabling Adaptive-Sync removes all the text scrolling issues as some else mentioned.
Yeah it removes the overshoot artefacts. Annoyingly when in HDR even setting the response time to Standard still results in overshoot, hopefully they can fix that with a firmware update.

Associate
Can any of the recent / n8 owners check for the following known 2 problems?

1. fading away / discoloration of the display at the very bottom / windows bar at the bottom of screen is fading away near the bottom edge

2. popping sounds when heat up

Associate

1. fading away / discoloration of the display at the very bottom / windows bar at the bottom of screen is fading away near the bottom edge

none of these issues for me. All good.

Associate
After a confusing DPD snafu (You can't have it. Here it is!) I have an N8, it is glorious!

Hadn't noticed but now I look, yes, there is a band maybe 1cm across the bottom where things get slightly darker/faded. Not noticeable with strong colours, only on the white window border.

No popping sound.

NVIDIA control panel claims my native res is 3840x1080, Windows' control panel is fine.

So I updated to the latest firmware from my 5.4 and it seems to have sorted the flicker issue out i was seeing. However assetto cc’s colours have gone mad. Though other games seem ok. What a minefield!

Newer than 5.4? Where did you find that please? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/ only has 1005.4.

Associate

No popping. Discolouration I don't notice at my normal viewing distance but yes I can see a little bit when up close and at an angle looking down. Not a problem in my eyes. Maybe earlier revisions were worse but I never noticed.

Associate
After a confusing DPD snafu (You can't have it. Here it is!) I have an N8, it is glorious!

Newer than 5.4? Where did you find that please? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/ only has 1005.4.

Theres a reddit with the link on - its from the korean samsung site, but all firmware is multilingual. Claims to fix some HDR issues.. and "seems" to have fixed my intermittent flicker.

Back
Top Bottom