When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
Pretty sure the actual goal should be all cars using the same connector for DC, as has happened with Type2 AC. The second factor will be ensuring V2G/V2H is standardised across all vehicles coming to market, but that is currently a minefield sadly.

Soldato
Man of Honour

What an accolade - going down in history with other fine winners of this most esteemed prize, such as..

Fiat Bravo/Brava
Renault Megane Scenic
Peugeot 307
Fiat Panda (Just pipped the 2004 Mazda3 to the post, a shame as the Mazda3 was later the recipient of the even more prestigious 'most horrendous pile of crap Fox accidently helped a family member buy' award)
Volkswagen Polo
Peugeot 308 (They really love the post 306 era hatchbacks don't they? A pity nobody else does)
Peugeot 3008 (I can see why this soundly beat the Mercedes E Class and the new Volvo S90 to the post)

And lets not forget - this years winner! The Peugeot 208. It saw off obviously not good enough competition from junk like the Porsche Taycan.

What an award!

Associate
Finally went full electric yesterday by purchasing a Kia e-Niro 4+. Took a 4 (now end of life) out on a test drive, in this horrid weather, and the thing was simply a joy to drive. Held the road well, comfy to be on the inside, acceleration was crazy (first time ever driving an "e" car) and it totally sold me. Sadly that puts my Kia Ceed GT back to the dealer which is a shame as I've loved both of them (PCP).

Don't get to pick it up until January, as it's a brand new model, but excited to get it. Also need to get the PodPoint installed (£400 all in after the dealer discount) which isn't a bad thing.

Specs
  • - NEW: 11kW Charger (3-Phase)
  • - NEW: LED Headlights with Bi-Function Projection
  • - NEW: Telematics System with UVO Connect Services**
  • - NEW: Front and Rear Parking Sensors ***
  • - 282 Miles Electric Range
  • - 10.25" Touchscreen Satellite Navigation with European Mapping
  • - 8-speaker JBL® Premium Sound System
  • - Heated Front & Outer Rear Seats
  • - Ventilated Seats
  • - Blind Spot Detection (BSD) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)

Soldato
What an accolade - going down in history with other fine winners of this most esteemed prize, such as..

Fiat Bravo/Brava
Renault Megane Scenic
Peugeot 307
Fiat Panda (Just pipped the 2004 Mazda3 to the post, a shame as the Mazda3 was later the recipient of the even more prestigious 'most horrendous pile of crap Fox accidently helped a family member buy' award)
Volkswagen Polo
Peugeot 308 (They really love the post 306 era hatchbacks don't they? A pity nobody else does)
Peugeot 3008 (I can see why this soundly beat the Mercedes E Class and the new Volvo S90 to the post)

And lets not forget - this years winner! The Peugeot 208. It saw off obviously not good enough competition from junk like the Porsche Taycan.

What an award!

keep it on the dartboard Fox. It was in jest to someone quoting the Sun award as some sort od kick start to the EVs - that was LAST years awards.

...however you have presented a wonderful opportunity for ME to highlight to YOU that none of those cars above were EVs and nor was the Taycan entered for the award - so like WTF.

Can’t leave you with feeling a hint of an authority on award credibility though. I’m sure I’ve got some better ones if you want?

How about the treble?
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/news/world-car-of-the-year-2019.html

The all-electric Jaguar I-PACE has completed an historic treble at the 2019 World Car Awards. Not only has it won the coveted 2019 World Car of the Year and World Car Design of the Year titles – equalling the success of the F-PACE in 2017 – it has also been named World Green Car.

I-PACE is the first model ever to win three World Car titles in the 15-year history of the awards.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/jaguar-i-pace-world-car-year?amp

Not quite so cunning today ;) what worse is the fact we’ve woke Nasher up again.

They upgraded the in car charger for the Type 2, from 7 to 11.

personal opinion is that pretty much irrelevant for the UK. 3 phase charging is limited.

Last edited:
Soldato
How did it come 2nd if it wasn't entered?

I think its an electric car as well, last time I checked.

Very cute quoting there.

I don’t pay attention to this sort of awards Fox as you as one of the inner circle know. So it did beat it now? Cos you said earlier it didn’t. Make your mind up :p

EDIT: you know I’m back referencing to the 2019 award yeah? Cos like it’s appropriate to the context of that Sun comment in this thread.

let’s be honest. Cost would have been a likely factor.

Associate
Congrats @Praetorian. What's the 11kW spec about?
They upgraded the in car charger for the Type 2, from 7 to 11.

Cheers :) Pretty much as @Journey said, it's a change in charger so it should support faster charging but as we're limited to 3 phase in the UK, it's no real difference. A quick google shows 7kwh Time to charge 30kWh is around 4 hours with 11kwh time to charge being 2hrs 45minutes.

I'm not an expert though, so don't take my word for it :)

Soldato
It’s a nice upgrade as tends to integrate all the parts into one. They are great the Hyundai products, I know Jonny Smith loves his Kia Soul with the running gear. My lads football coach has an Ioniq at mo and he likes it too. Very efficient.

Soldato
Cheers :) Pretty much as @Journey said, it's a change in charger so it should support faster charging but as we're limited to 3 phase in the UK, it's no real difference. A quick google shows 7kwh Time to charge 30kWh is around 4 hours with 11kwh time to charge being 2hrs 45minutes.

I'm not an expert though, so don't take my word for it :)

Gotcha, as in it's max charge speed is 11kW? I thought it was maybe to do with an included charger with the mention of 3 phase. I've got a Tesla so I never think of charging being limited but if you're only doing short-mid range journeys or commutes I guess it doesn't make any difference.

Back
Top Bottom