• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU sag fixed!

Associate
I have toyed with that idea, but I'd need a PCIe riser cable and not sure on the hit to the GPU temps?

Went vertical this week, cablemod kit on a BeQuiet DB900. Did not plot graphs or anything, but temps in heaven seem to be the same.
YMMV, depending on how close from the glass the fans ends up at. There's a tech jesus video on it.

Associate
j5OJioQ

Http://imgur.com/gallery/j5OJioQ
The MSI trio sags like hell, I have the 2070super but ken fixed it perfectly lol

Soldato

I've been considering getting one of those as I'm not overly keen on the stand type.

I did see a video showing how to correct sag using a screw on the bracket to remove the excess play which causes the sag.

I also saw someone wrap a drinking straw with black electrical tape. :p

It doesn't help that they design cards to take the power in that front right-hand corner.

Soldato
For a number of years I used this.....

20200830-133002.jpg

until one of our grandchildren claimed the Duplo.

Now I have this....

20200830-135330.jpg

much preferred the Duplo, then again so did our grandson.

Soldato
I think a better solution is needed in general
Am guessing the problem is due to PC cases & motherboard layout haven't really changed much from the days when you had just a 1/2 inch thick cpu cooler and 1/4 inch thick tiny GPU heatsink
(if i remember right many GPU didn't even have a heatsink back in the mid 90's )

Could really do with the motherboard mounted on the bottom of a case these days (Like in a HTPC case) but then that would make cases far to wide so would take up to much space

Last edited:
Associate
Cases mainly used to be desktop ones in the past with your monitor sat on top of it, the trouble is GPUs are getting so big it would be too high

Soldato
The FE doesn't seem to sag at all so far, the cooler is more one integrated solid piece I think

Time will tell though because it's also the heaviest one by far, half a kilo more than the X Trio I think :eek:

Associate
Its good, but its not this.

1vfPRlFh.jpg

(My PC circa 2013)
Much prefer this solution
The OP has done me a favour as I have a H700 case myself and was wondering if the 3090 would fit ok - it seems it will
I had planned to use the slot in the red bracket in the case to mount a support bar

Associate
I would also add to the op that the AIO radiator should be at the top of the case
You risk screwing your pump - trust me on this, it’s been well documented bud

Associate
This is my build
I’ve modded the case a fair bit to enable better airflow and also to be able to see the Thor wattage
4909-B743-30-C4-4-C0-E-8-B71-FD58-BA311-E61.jpg

51-F32700-70-DB-476-E-A470-E53-D3-AC73608.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I wonder if you would still get some sag with this though as it is only supporting it on the board side. I think there might still be a bit of droop with this type installed?

Overall I am liking some of the solutions that people have come up with in this thread so far!

Agreed, I don't think that bracket is going to manage much especially now that most decent motherboards have strengthened / reinforced pcie slots.
I do like some of the novel methods used here :D

Back
Top Bottom