• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

10GB vram enough for the 3080? Discuss..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Too expensive for what it is imo. Needed to hit the £499 price point. At that price I would rather go for the much better LG CX OLED.

I have an LG OLED and it's truly amazing but I think I'd still like a decent small monitor form factor screen, definitely a market case for it, but yeah, desktop monitors are way too expensive

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have an LG OLED and it's truly amazing but I think I'd still like a decent small monitor form factor screen, definitely a market case for it, but yeah, desktop monitors are way too expensive
Yeah, I am patiently waiting for a 40" version, hopefully next year. Happy with what I have in the meantime.

Soldato
You still hung up on the 10gb not being enough stuff open? Plan on canceling the Pre-order on your 10gb and waiting for 20gb? Gives you time to save up a couple of hundred quid more for that extra 10gb variant and join a new que I suppose :p

Remember, the 3090 with it's measly 24gb is out and not one review has shown 10gb not being enough as predicted :D

Nope. :D

Soldato
I'm currently using a 4K 27" as my main desktop monitor and find it fine, windows scaling is actually good these day and you don't notice it

Can definitely see preferring a bigger screen though

Soldato
I'm currently using a 4K 27" as my main desktop monitor and find it fine, windows scaling is actually good these day and you don't notice it

windows scaling is terrible, not all applications actually scale that is the biggest issue
some apps looks great and some look terrible.
then when you run multiple monitors & want to run a game at non native resolution sometimes scaling breaks the game location & puts it off the screen...
Windows scaling has so many issues but for the most part it works "ok" but its not good.

Apple Window scaling is far superior & done right every app is uniform even 3rd parties everything is scaled correctly across 4 different resolutions across 4 different screens & one scaling does not break the scaling on other monitors.
Which Windows would follow suit in this regard, set good solid standards for Scaling support

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Another +1 here.

Rarely do I have windows scaling issues. Used to be horrible before but they fixed it for the most part and things I use are fine.

I would not mind going between 32-40" and turning off Windows scaling but there needs to be a OLED monitor in that range that is a three figure sum to make me want to upgrade what I got.

Soldato
Watch the video.

At 6:18 he starts giving his reasons.
I think you have misunderstood the point of the video. I believe his statement about them being comparable is more about understanding how performance changes when the resolution of raytraced reflections change, rather than these two GPUs have comparable performance.

Caporegime
I think you have misunderstood the point of the video. I believe his statement about them being comparable is more about understanding how performance changes when the resolution of raytraced reflections change, rather than these two GPUs have comparable performance.

Fair enough.

Sigh... glad we cleared that one up. A 2060 Super is architecturally not a RDNA2 and performance will almost certainly not be 'equal'.

Last edited:
Permabanned

Absolutely. I use scaling on my main monitor otherwise I find my eyes get very tired at the end of the day. Scaling these days is really good. The only minor issue is you have to set individual games settings to "ignore scaling" because some games mess up the scaling.

Soldato
Then they will notice it is 30fps... lol.

Which is perfectly fine for me, but many don’t like it as they are into twitch gaming. I personally enjoyed the picking up a PS4 Pro last Black Friday and finally playing all the exclusives on my OLED. Sold it a while ago and now will wait a couple of years for some exclusives to build up on the PS5 and for the price to come down and pair it with my OLED :D

There are already video's showing PS5 games running > 30FPS at 4k.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
There are already video's showing PS5 games running > 30FPS at 4k.
Sure, but most triple a game developers will target 30fps to get maximum eye candy. I mean they may offer a 30 and 60fps options this time around.

It is not like previous consoles could not do 60fps or more, they could have done it by lowering eye candy. So what has changed?

Soldato
Sure, but most triple a game developers will target 30fps to get maximum eye candy. I mean they may offer a 30 and 60fps options this time around.

It is not like previous consoles could not do 60fps or more, they could have done it by lowering eye candy. So what has changed?

What hasn't changed is the content of my original post. People are going to walk past the next gen consoles displaying 4k 60fps games on beautiful OLED screens, and be amazed that it's actually affordable. Thus 4k will be come the norm.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What hasn't changed is the content of my original post. People are going to walk past the next gen consoles displaying 4k 60fps games on beautiful OLED screens, and be amazed that it's actually affordable. Thus 4k will be come the norm.
That won't happen over night like you make it sound like. By the time that takes places I will be on a RTX 4080 or AMD's equivalent at the time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom