Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
OP
Does anyone know anything about potential sequels for this?... Wasn't it supposed to feature a full story, but then they said it would be wrapped up in sequels or something?

All we know is that Warhorse are busy working on something and that something is 99% Kingdom Come II. And once they reveal it, they plan to have very active interaction with community like with the first game.

Games take many more times the amount of work than you imagine.
Oh for sure I appreciate that. But dlc doesn't. Cod new one each year, fifa etc. Far more basic games, but none the less I think they have got it right by not doing big overhauls with new graphics, just essentially a big dlc each year. If they can bring out a dlc that adds say 10 hours new game play, I don't imagine it's unrealistic to say they can bring out a 50/70 hour dlc within 2 years and charge full normal price.

Soldato
But dlc doesn't.
Again, whenever you make this assumption also assume that you're wrong and it's a lot more complicated & takes longer than you imagine. Especially when you look at something that would at first glance seem simple to do, in fact even the devs themselves (mistakenly) make these assumptions sometimes, eg for dog companion:
https://youtu.be/axjwsK1fJlQ?t=283

But also keep in mind that you're talking about annualised franchises that have a set cadence already, have many times larger teams, and many times larger budgets, with specific technology developed just for them & multiple studios working on each iteration in parallel, and are also in the places where a lot more talent is available than in Czechia. All those things (and many others I've not mentioned) are huge factors as to why you might see a COD every year but a game like KCD takes so much longer to make. They only really finished development on the first one last year (when Royal Edition came out), and even though they will have had some people transition to KC2 earlier than that, it will not have been everyone. So it's not been that long, and will unfortunately take longer still, but at least since they got acquired they will have a bigger budget and that means they'll be able to expand the studio and so that will help with development time (unless scope expands too).

Soldato
Oh for sure I appreciate that. But dlc doesn't. Cod new one each year, fifa etc. Far more basic games, but none the less I think they have got it right by not doing big overhauls with new graphics, just essentially a big dlc each year. If they can bring out a dlc that adds say 10 hours new game play, I don't imagine it's unrealistic to say they can bring out a 50/70 hour dlc within 2 years and charge full normal price.
your comparing this with cod and fifa just LOL

your comparing this with cod and fifa just LOL
haha it may seem like an odd thing to do but my reasoning is just, i think.

The point i'm making is that I wish more studios would adopt this idea that a new game doens't need improvements to graphics, change to game play/style, animations etc. Just a purely content update with tweaks to fix any problems would be good to see so that there's less of a gap in between and less of a need to have the latest graphics.

Soldato

Cod and FIFA also have huge budgets behind them.

Soldato
haha it may seem like an odd thing to do but my reasoning is just, i think.

The point i'm making is that I wish more studios would adopt this idea that a new game doens't need improvements to graphics, change to game play/style, animations etc. Just a purely content update with tweaks to fix any problems would be good to see so that there's less of a gap in between and less of a need to have the latest graphics.
man that sounds depressing.. games used to be a form of artistic expression, it's the cods and fifa's that go against that.

as an example look at the anticipation people have for the new cyberpunk game that is coming out, folk are excited and even buying new hardware to play it!

Soldato
man that sounds depressing.. games used to be a form of artistic expression, it's the cods and fifa's that go against that.

To be fair I get what he's saying and it's kind of like something I've been saying for a while... KCD already looked and played great. They don't need to do anything to the engine in terms of graphics or the basics of the gameplay, they could just work on the test of the trilogy focusing on delivering the story with good gameplay.

Soldato
To be fair I get what he's saying and it's kind of like something I've been saying for a while... KCD already looked and played great. They don't need to do anything to the engine in terms of graphics or the basics of the gameplay, they could just work on the test of the trilogy focusing on delivering the story with good gameplay.

The problem with that is it'd be fine with some of us, but lots of others would be looking at it and complaining that it's graphics from X years ago and it's just a rinse and repeat of game 1.

The problem with that is it'd be fine with some of us, but lots of others would be looking at it and complaining that it's graphics from X years ago and it's just a rinse and repeat of game 1.
if they did it quick enough i feel the graphics issue wouldn't really exist too much and they'd get good feedback if the story was still great.

now they will be releasing for a next gen console, so people will expect next gen graphics. I wonder how much time is being spent on this to improve a game i didn't feel needing improving this way.

Zelda is another example of a game i don't wish to see time wasted on improving the graphics. They have the art style perfected, the engine is all there and worked great. i don't seem to remember ever seeing a single bug in that game. a few tweaks to gameplay but then all the rest of the time could be spent on story.

Soldato
I've started playing this recently, as had it in steam library for an age. Can't believe I've let it sit so long, as loving it just now. The story is great, it looks nice and once you get levels in some skills, just feels good.

The RX480 is absolutely not loving it though, especially at 3440x1440.
Can see this being a game to play again, with mods, once we have the full complement of new cards out by end of the year.

Soldato
OP
Just gonna start a playthrough, any recommended mods? and tweaks to make it run smoother?

Frankly I played without any mods and it was perfectly fine and smooth (though I have Ryzen 2700X and RTX2080Ti, but you should be also fine), I do however recommend playing with hardcore mode enabled, and select somnambulant as one of the perks, it's fun.

It turned KCD into one of the most immersive games ever, just navigating and exploring the world alone is ten times more engaging than in other games, since you have to really pay attention and rely on the world itself rather than GPS markers.

Associate
One of the games I'm using to benchmark the step up from my 1080ti to 3090 as and when I get mine. Never got very far the first time I played because I couldn't come to grips with the controls and at the time lacked the patience to try. Planning to actually give it some time and play as a thieving *******

Just gonna start a playthrough, any recommended mods? and tweaks to make it run smoother?
Archery crosshair mod, or if you have a monitor with a crosshair overlay use that. Archery isn't impossible without but it feels bad

Back
Top Bottom