• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Just to add my 2p to the discussion regarding the 20.9.2 drivers.

They seem good to me so far and I've not seen a single crash yet with my 5600XT.....

BUT

With this installation I have done the full software install with the Adrenaline software but I've disabled Freesync completely and also underclocked the maximum GPU frequency by 10% due to following:

After a clean Windows install I used the 20.7.2 and got crashing so after looking around the interwebs it was found that this can sometimes be cured by just unpacking the drivers and updating the GFX driver directly through Device Manager, so no Adrenaline software install at all.

I tried this along with running a DDU cleanup before installing the 20.8.1 and 20.9.1 drivers and I was still getting hard lockups, freezing and general crashing linked to the atikmpag.sys software crashing.

I'm not holding out too much hope but I'll see how it goes for a few weeks and, if everything looks good I will re-enable Freesync and again if everything is ok for a few weeks put the clocks back to standard.

Soldato
I've noticed with the latest drivers my benchmarks are lower using same clocks / settings, I have the sapphire 5700xt nitro + se for example wwz is 10 FPS lower , I know in real use won't be noticed

Associate
20.9.1 and 20.9.2 both give random system freezes followed by a black screen / restart. No obvious reason as to why, can happen at any point.

Going back to 20.8.3.

Soldato
20.9.1 and 20.9.2 both give random system freezes followed by a black screen / restart. No obvious reason as to why, can happen at any point.

Going back to 20.8.3.

Was experiencing the same thing on my Vega 64 and thought the 9.1/9.2 was just bad for Vega users. However, I later found out that my undervolt was causing problems with 20.9.1 and not 20.07.2. Normally I've been able to run at 1025mv on P7 but not with the 20.9.1/2 drivers. Right now I'm running 1100mv using 20.9.2 and everything has been fine for days so maybe you can use that info somehow? maybe not.

Associate
Is it likely that the issue with hdmi scaling locking the fps to 30 will be solved anytime soon? Wasn't aware of it until I experienced the issue with an old TV I'm using in a build which overscans the hdmi image. Bought a rx 580 which is a great card but not if its stuck at 30 fps....

Associate
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.10.1 Highlights

Support For
  • Doom™ Eternal: The Ancient Gods
  • Watch Dogs™: Legion
  • DIRT 5™ Early Access
  • World of Warcraft™: Shadowlands Pre-Patch
Fixed Issues
  • Audio may experience instability when connected through an Audio Video Receiver via HDMI® on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • Desktop may experience frame rate fluctuation when exiting a Vulkan® API game with Radeon FreeSync enabled on two or more display system configurations.
  • Uploading or streaming content to YouTube™ may be unavailable or not working correctly.
  • Genshin Impact™ is not detected or listed in Radeon Software gaming tab.
  • Some specific Windows® screensavers such as ‘Bubbles’ may cause an application crash when applied on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • Graphical corruption may occur on desktop or at idle when two or more connected high refresh rate displays are Radeon FreeSync enabled on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • Upgrading to Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition releases from Radeon Software 2019 Edition releases via Radeon Settings may sometimes fail with an error message.
Known Issues
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay and the Performance Tuning tab incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
  • Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
Important Notes
  • AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition can be found here.
Package Contents
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.10.1 installation package contains the following:

• Driver Version 20.20.33.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.12033.1007)
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-10-1

Associate
Is it likely that the issue with hdmi scaling locking the fps to 30 will be solved anytime soon? Wasn't aware of it until I experienced the issue with an old TV I'm using in a build which overscans the hdmi image. Bought a rx 580 which is a great card but not if its stuck at 30 fps....

Still listed in known issues.

Associate
Hope this one doesn't give random lockups / crashes like 20.9.x did for me.

Me too. I was playing pubg first game with my friends in a while and it locked up, restarted took ages to come back then it said it wasn't installed anymore. I was fuming. It's getting to the point in January I may have no choice to switch to team Green. I can't play like that, 338 pounds wasted at this point,

However it seems to always be when I use discord, if I don't use it I can play to my hearts content in single player games. It's mad. And incredibly annoying.

Back
Top Bottom