The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Associate
Um... yeah.... so, at least it can't get any worse.

Seriously, that was shockingly bad!

I thought it was really good!

I fell somewhere in the middle of these two opinions lol. I really enjoyd the new Ferrari bit, and the idea behind testing the Volvo / BMW / Tesla was awesome, but the whole "feet cant touch the ground" thing was ridiculous and just wasted loads of time that didnt really add anything to the segment. Unfortunately I can't help but feel when the three of them are together they have to push every segment to the absoulte limit of stupidity and for me it just doesn't work. I sometimes wish they could just tone it down and actually compare the cars. It doesn't need to go all the way back, but finding a middle ground just a bit below where they are now would make it much better in my opinion.

Soldato
A few giggles, but it was VERY childish!

The Ferrari bit was ok, but it was very much Harris from TG rather than Chris Harris drives..... (ie dumbed down a bit for TG)

Some bits annoyed me, like Paddy being a **** when Harris was on a hot lap. Even he didn't find it amusing at the time.

Man of Honour
At least they rolled with the punches and innovated with the studio aspect - while easier said than done it is the kind of thinking that with the current situation can facilitate so many things carrying on in some form of normal.

Associate
OMG, I can't believe what TG has become. I am a lifelong pretrolhead and will watch anything to do with cars, even the Thames TV 70s reviews on YouTube.

However, watching an ex-England cricketer with his pants down climbing from one car to another was just absolute garbage.

Why has it descended into such a childish programme? Am I the only one who was more interested int he fact that Harris got his 330e round the track faster than the Tesla which shows how skill outweighs power every time rather than seeing grown men act like immature teenage cardicks?

Please give me the strength to get through to the end of this series because I really want to see a Diablo being trashed by a man-child. :p

Associate
OMG, I can't believe what TG has become. I am a lifelong pretrolhead and will watch anything to do with cars, even the Thames TV 70s reviews on YouTube.

However, watching an ex-England cricketer with his pants down climbing from one car to another was just absolute garbage.

Why has it descended into such a childish programme? Am I the only one who was more interested int he fact that Harris got his 330e round the track faster than the Tesla which shows how skill outweighs power every time rather than seeing grown men act like immature teenage cardicks?

Please give me the strength to get through to the end of this series because I really want to see a Diablo being trashed by a man-child. :p

Harris ftw.

Man of Honour
Bit stupid in places but I didn't find it too bad.

If you want something a bit more car focussed these days everyone and their gran is trying to do it on YouTube - some of them half decently.

Caporegime
Found that spotting mates and their cars in the crowd was a better game than watching the show itself.

Saw three.

One of whom has been applying for tickets to that show for almost 14 years, and this was the first time he got any.

Soldato
Didn't see why they had to keep hitting us over the head that they've moved to BBC 1.

Im guessing their other shows have dropped in ratings so much that "new" top gear is beating them. Because there is no way its as huge as it used to be, especially globally.

Man of Honour
OK it was very childish but it did make me giggle, with the ways things are at the moment I found it quite therapeutic!

There was a few moments I winced a bit (lack of distancing, etc.) before remembering a lot of the footage was shot before this whole coronavirus situation hah.

Soldato
There was a few moments I winced a bit (lack of distancing, etc.) before remembering a lot of the footage was shot before this whole coronavirus situation hah.

Agreed, they do seem to have a genuine chemistry between them, I think that would be hard just to "act", maybe that just my perception though.

Man of Honour
I thought it was brilliant and the first time Mrs Sexy asked to watch it with me.
It will now be part of our Sunday date night.
I'll just add that I'm not into cars so that's probably why I enjoyed it so much.

Back
Top Bottom