• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
This is mandatory, here's a real scalper:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujs3BSXnwxs

There's a whole industry in China where Chinese people in other countries exploit supply chains to scalp for the homeland.
You should see what they did to Australia's baby milk, they bought it all and mother's couldn't feed their babies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daigou

They will be held to justice.

Edit:
This version cuts out the parts where she gets a discount for (lying) telling them she works for charity.
It also cuts out the part where she brags about "not leaving a crumb for the Americans".

This video, she uploads to a chinese scalper forum, said she had to look up areas with low numbers of Chinese people as they are all comminting Daigou and have cleaned the masks out already.

This happens everywhere.

Many chinese students in countries all around the world are involved in this also
You can't really blame them for the baby milk though after what went on there

Associate
1 per customer
Cancel the one you don't want before they make the choice for you

I could well have missed it but where exactly does it say 1 card per customer (technically 2 customers here depending how you look at it. Had i known i would have used her ccard). I just went back and checked the product page. Also the 3080 page in general. Nowhere could i find anything that said one card per customer? Dont get me wrong ill cancel the eagle in a heartbeat due to the power connector issues but i find it strange a rule is being enforced that isnt in plain sight anywhere i could see?

Associate
So, I cancelled my day one pre-order of my 3080. I needed the cash for house repairs. I've now got the money again. Where would people suggest I point my money towards, as in, which GPU to get it as early as possible? I know it'll be a while anyway but figured I'm better off asking first.
Zotac or palit would be my choice. Quite a few have shipped already and they seem to be the least popular models.

Associate
I could well have missed it but where exactly does it say 1 card per customer (technically 2 customers here depending how you look at it. Had i known i would have used her ccard). I just went back and checked the product page. Also the 3080 page in general. Nowhere could i find anything that said one card per customer? Dont get me wrong ill cancel the eagle in a heartbeat due to the power connector issues but i find it strange a rule is being enforced that isnt in plain sight anywhere i could see?

Been posted a few times in the thread
And a guy who got his lower queue position cancelled and left with the high one

There is a big shortage and many scalpers, what do you expect

Associate
Yes you should, OC shouldn't have continued to take orders that they have no idea when they can fulfil. Greed over service, they deserve every bit of grief that's coming to them(not the staff though).

If they had gone down a deposit route for the place in the queue then people wouldn't be complaining, but at a conservative estimate of 5000 units at 650 that's 3,250,000 of peoples money that they don't have a clue when they can fulfil which is really really poor.
Dude... Look at every online store, OC is the only one I found with a queue system. MY choice is to pay, wait, and have my 3080 without hoping to be at the right place at the right time someday.

Now YOU have that choice (please cancel, better for us)

Associate

I would get out in front of this one and call them tomorrow.

Explain the situation and see what they say.

Associate
So whats the official rule on someone having two orders for a 3080? Read somewhere one may get canceled? I have an Asus Tough non OC position 500 and an Eagle position 800ish.

I have one card going in my computer and the other in my wifes. I'd be pretty ****** if i had to choose between my wife and my computer. (we all know who will win that one )

Wife's computer, eh? Skalpel

Associate
I would get out in front of this one and call them tomorrow.

Explain the situation and see what they say.
Agree, make the call dont hold off.

I got bitten. Would have had an ASUS in sub 300 queue position (Ordered 1730hrs 17) and resolved my Vision (which was initially cancelled by OcUK to spread the limited stock) at sub 8 in the queue (ordered 1949hrs 22)..... My son (whom was going to inherit the ASUS new if it came second , used if it was first) will now have to wait (with his 1080 which I keep borrowing) untill I am allowed to order from OcUK. Dont want to shop elsewhere for some reason, feel a sense of loyality.

Associate
Well a competitor tweeted that they were getting more stock on the 14th of most cards except for the Eagle. I hope that's because the entire allocation is coming to OCUK!

There seems to be no ETA's at all for the Eagle specifically that I can find. Odd, as this is their "entry-level" AKA Cheapest model, so you'd expect them to be churning them out, especially as they don't need to bin the silicon, or do anything fancy with it.

I suppose a cynic could say they are prioritizing their more expensive cards, as they make more ££ from them, but that is pure speculation :D

Associate
Okay. Ocuk notified us in terms of positions in the q. But.... Are they going to introduce something like chart with schedule informing what and when is expected? Some companies do it like this. Sometimes :D:cool:;)

Associate
Okay. Ocuk notified us in terms of positions in the q. But.... Are they going to introduce something like chart with schedule informing what and when is expected? Some companies do it like this. Sometimes :D:cool:;)
They have already given people idea where they are in the queue and also mentioned that they are going to keep updating your position everytime they ship some cards (of your choice I guess) so what else do you want? I think that's pretty fair and anything else is not going to speed things up. Calm down people...

Associate
They have already given people idea where they are in the queue and also mentioned that they are going to keep updating your position everytime they ship some cards (of your choice I guess) so what else do you want? I think that's pretty fair and anything else is not going to speed things up. Calm down people...
I mentioned what I want. Soz pal

Associate
Wife's computer, eh? Skalpel

Yes wifes computer =)

wife.gif

Associate
Agree, make the call dont hold off.

I got bitten. Would have had an ASUS in sub 300 queue position (Ordered 1730hrs 17) and resolved my Vision (which was initially cancelled by OcUK to spread the limited stock) at sub 8 in the queue (ordered 1949hrs 22)..... My son (whom was going to inherit the ASUS new if it came second , used if it was first) will now have to wait (with his 1080 which I keep borrowing) untill I am allowed to order from OcUK. Dont want to shop elsewhere for some reason, feel a sense of loyality.

I just canned the eagle. Had pretty much made up my mind i didnt want it anyway so was no biggie. Had i ordered 2 asus cards i woulda called and would hope ocuk act sensibly in these situations.

Associate
Yes you should, OC shouldn't have continued to take orders that they have no idea when they can fulfil. Greed over service, they deserve every bit of grief that's coming to them(not the staff though).

If they had gone down a deposit route for the place in the queue then people wouldn't be complaining, but at a conservative estimate of 5000 units at 650 that's 3,250,000 of peoples money that they don't have a clue when they can fulfil which is really really poor.

I don't agree with this statement, I'm not defending OC but at least they have allowed people to order and be placed in a queue - ask yourself where would you be otherwise, chancing of a rogue card appearing on a site somewhere? At least you know where you stand....

The policy with how they take money upfront is clear so I don't think greed has anything to do with it, if people don't like it they can simply cancel and move on. Do you think that OC really wanted this dire situation? Of course not, if anything the grief should be directed at Nvidia for such dismal launch and insufficient time for production to allow for the demand.

Associate
Dude... Look at every online store, OC is the only one I found with a queue system. MY choice is to pay, wait, and have my 3080 without hoping to be at the right place at the right time someday.

Now YOU have that choice (please cancel, better for us)

I haven't ordered from anywhere else though so not bothered about other stores, I don't care if i'm 30th, 500th or 1900th they've taken all our money and we are entitled to a date even if its 6 months time.....If they can't provide that they shouldn't have took the money.

They still don't have anything on any the product pages that states anything about extended waits or queue sizes, not everyone looks on forums.

Don
I haven't ordered from anywhere else though so not bothered about other stores, I don't care if i'm 30th, 500th or 1900th they've taken all our money and we are entitled to a date even if its 6 months time.....If they can't provide that they shouldn't have took the money.

They still don't have anything on any the product pages that states anything about extended waits or queue sizes, not everyone looks on forums.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/news...ular-updates-on-deliveries-and-stock-559.html

Back
Top Bottom