• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Soldato
Yeah Nvidia are saying recommended is 750W but surely that would have to be a good quality one with not only the power requirements but the quality of the power rails? And then factor in, like you say ones that are not brand new like your Seasonic psu and then factor in therefore a fair amount of issues with 3090 users yeah. Having a potential 350watts needed the quality of the power supply would surely affect it?

Let's hope mate.:)

Fingers crossed :) though my other 2 mates have the same issue!

Mate 1. - MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio - same PSU as me bought around the same time (2013) - hes also getting crashes
Mate 2. - 3090 FE (same as me) - EVGA SuperNova PSU - also getting crashes.

I thought I'd be fine with a 70A single rail PSU, but I guess the age of the PSU has meant the spikes are causing it to trip or something. Fingers crossed I will update here though as I think others are having issues too.

Soldato
Fingers crossed :) though my other 2 mates have the same issue!

Mate 1. - MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio - same PSU as me bought around the same time (2013) - hes also getting crashes
Mate 2. - 3090 FE (same as me) - EVGA SuperNova PSU - also getting crashes.

I thought I'd be fine with a 70A single rail PSU, but I guess the age of the PSU has meant the spikes are causing it to trip or something. Fingers crossed I will update here though as I think others are having issues too.

Yeah mate. Update here :)

Soldato
All 3000 series start downclocking the boost as soon as it hits 50C. I know at 70c for every 5c it drops 15Mhz. I presumre its something less between 50C and 70C.

But potentially your best overclock might be a bit less on the core/power if it kept you under 50c? Going to be weird overclocking these cards to be best performance.

In the old days of chasing targets I had stupid high power fans and would try for best scores on cold days with no central heating on and the side of my case off and another massive fan blowing in :)

You only need a few minutes for a bench run after all :)
Ah that makes sense then, i think the only way im going to get it under 50c is have a thicker 360 rad or maybe an additional 240 rad. a 20mm 360 rad isn't gonna cut it if i want it under 50c without a really aggressive fan curve.

I didn't even think about that tbh, lowering clocks and power to keep the card under 50c to get better averages? It seems the better averages amount to a lot more than peak with this.

Haha i know what you mean, back when i had a 5870 and the gtx 680 it was all about keeping the card cool, increase voltage to the card and cranking up the clocks till it crashes. Boost wasn't even a thing back then...

I take back everything i said about CPU not mattering in Port Royal, I just did a first pass OC on my new CPU/RAM and my PR score jumped up to 14131! #39 in the HOF

Bigminimus - No... are you sure your PSU is up to it? Maybe you arent using 2 seperate 8-pin power leads back to the PSU?

Hmmm i dont think i can push my cpu anymore not without some serious voltage bump anyway. What did you clock your memory to? Be interesting to see what score i can achieve with an i9 9900k instead of an i5.

Soldato
Code seems to work on unlimited number of items. Seems to work to buy 99 iPad pros. If it went through I could probably auction them at a markup lol.

The code seems to work for clothes only or doesn't work at all. Many complaints on twitter about the code and by time you check out the code will not take, even saying the code was right. So heads up before you order anything. Many are complaining it doesn't work on any electrical and the reply was it's for other items on the site eg clothes. :rolleyes: From insult to insult. Just make sure you get your refund back these jokers are known to screw up refunds and can take weeks to get back from reviews I'm reading and twitter messages to them.

Caporegime
The code seems to work for clothes only or doesn't work at all. Many complaints on twitter about the code and by time you check out the code will not take, even saying the code was right. So heads up before you order anything. Many are complaining it doesn't work on any electrical and the reply was it's for other items on the site eg clothes. :rolleyes: From insult to insult. Just make sure you get your refund back these jokers are known to screw up refunds and can take weeks to get back from reviews I'm reading and twitter messages to them.

that’s scummy when you spent it on an electrical item in the firs place to get the code

Soldato
Ok so RM1000i is in and so far so good... pushing power limit to 114%, and have core & mem overclocked to +50 and +250 respectively, no issues so far but it's early days.

One question maybe someone will know the answer to... the RM1000i has both Single Rail and MultiRail mode - does it matter which I choose? It defaults to multirail, which seems fine? 40A per rail, or 80A total on the single rail. I've split the PCI-E connectors up so in theory they're on a 40A rail each which I assume is fine? Googled it and Multi is just fine.

Last edited:
Associate
Top 10 in Timespy 0o
Seems I got lucky on the holy trinity - good clocking CPU, GPU and RAM :p

BTW Jay85 My 3200MHz Team Group clocked up to 4200MHz @ 1.5v 16,16,16, 36... wont be leaving it there just for benching.

9f4uzer.png

Soldato
That's a nice score!

I'm stable at 2085Mhz on the GPU, but my 9900K is apparently letting me down lol. Though I have been lazy and I'm running XMP profile and a base 5Ghz clock :D I'm not sure how far it will go but so far I'm Max power limit, +100 core and +250 memory, with current ambient I can just about do it so it changes the boost table at the end of the run, but with lower ambient I'd be steady at that clock all day. I feel like it can go further but need to have a paly.

What kind of overclock are you running on the GPU? It looks to be mostly stock there?

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/51228024?

Soldato
Top 10 in Timespy 0o
Seems I got lucky on the holy trinity - good clocking CPU, GPU and RAM :p

BTW Jay85 My 3200MHz Team Group clocked up to 4200MHz @ 1.5v 16,16,16, 36... wont be leaving it there just for benching.

9f4uzer.png
I'm gonna give this a run tonight with the rad fans for the gpu at full tilt, see if i can keep temps below 45. Might even get the old aircon out and see if i can get the score even higher loooool!

Great score btw, i've not tried to clock my ram. It's on default xmp! What memory do you have? is it B-die?

Soldato
Well the new PSU has cured all my issues for sure! 0 crashes or issues since :)

I have absolutely no driver issues, so for those that do crash, it could actually be your power supply as it was for me! And mine was a Seasonic 850W gold so no slouch...

Anyway, it looks lovely in the system, upgraded to a Corsair Commander Pro as I ran out of USB headers with the pump/leds/psu, so now everything is also on the same LED profile too, perfect!

uhzZEVE.png

Man of Honour
OP
Just got mine

Ordered on the 25th

Well the new PSU has cured all my issues for sure! 0 crashes or issues since :)

I have absolutely no driver issues, so for those that do crash, it could actually be your power supply as it was for me! And mine was a Seasonic 850W gold so no slouch...

Anyway, it looks lovely in the system, upgraded to a Corsair Commander Pro as I ran out of USB headers with the pump/leds/psu, so now everything is also on the same LED profile too, perfect!

uhzZEVE.png

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

UbFdNzG.jpg

Date 04/10/2020, Make NVidia FE, Addicted, Link
Date 04/10/2020, Make MSI Gaming X Trio, xb8browney, Link
Date 02/10/2020, Make Palit GamingPro, 0121danwilliams84, Link
Date 01/10/2020, Make Gigabyte Eagle, Sedgey123, Link
Date 30/09/2020, Make NVidia FE, RexAlba, Link
Date 29/09/2020, Make Asus TUF, Bigminimus, Link
Date 29/09/2020, Make NVidia FE, Strife212, Link
Date 29/09/2020, Make Asus TUF, BaueruTc, Link
Date 26/09/2020, Make Gigabyte Gaming, malachi, Link
Date 26/09/2020, Make Gigabyte Gaming, 1nfern0, Link
Date 26/09/2020, Make Palit GamingPro, Jay85, Link
Date 25/09/2020, Make Asus TUF, Cubed, Link
Date 25/09/2020, Make Palit GamingPro, jabski, Link
Date 25/09/2020, Make Asus TUF, MestasDeejay, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 3090

Associate
Just got mine

Ordered on the 25th

Erm... how? I ordered on 24th and still hasn't shipped?

(edit: And I hope that's not a rivals logo you are partially showing behind your GPU box? Looks awfully blue with the same angles and dark blue to light blue left to right gradient!? :D )

Last edited:
Associate
I would be pretty disappointed with those waterblocks from EK for the Zotac cards if I owned one, look like they were just rushed with no real thought to look of them.

Back
Top Bottom