• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I haven't ordered from anywhere else though so not bothered about other stores, I don't care if i'm 30th, 500th or 1900th they've taken all our money and we are entitled to a date even if its 6 months time.....If they can't provide that they shouldn't have took the money.

They still don't have anything on any the product pages that states anything about extended waits or queue sizes, not everyone looks on forums.
But you can cancel so you seem to be the only type of guy that complains about them having your money, yet you don't cancel and wait like most people will if they had a problem with it, also they haven't taken your money as you committed to clicking add to basket knowing it says pre order next to the item.. Just saying cancel it if you can't wait... Don't be that guy

;)

Like others have said no where else has a queue system and its not ocuks fault if there is such high demand for a product that got botched on release, and its obvious there is going to be a wait if it says pre order with no expected date, I would understand if it had a date and you hadn't heard anything up until or after that date lol

Last edited:
Associate
I don't agree with this statement, I'm not defending OC but at least they have allowed people to order and be placed in a queue - ask yourself where would you be otherwise, chancing of a rogue card appearing on a site somewhere? At least you know where you stand....

The policy with how they take money upfront is clear so I don't think greed has anything to do with it, if people don't like it they can simply cancel and move on. Do you think that OC really wanted this dire situation? Of course not, if anything the grief should be directed at Nvidia for such dismal launch and insufficient time for production to allow for the demand.
If I know where I stand, why don't I know the timescale for it coming a queue number tells me nothing.

I'm not buying from Nvidia so no matter how bad the launch has been, my contract of sale is with OC as is everyone elses. They know what the stock issues are not us and what they could and couldn't get but weren't being upfront with people, how can you sell something that you don't know when you are getting.

Some people will be happy with this, some won't....Reputation damage is as bad as financial damage.

Associate
If I know where I stand, why don't I know the timescale for it coming a queue number tells me nothing.

I'm not buying from Nvidia so no matter how bad the launch has been, my contract of sale is with OC as is everyone elses. They know what the stock issues are not us and what they could and couldn't get but weren't being upfront with people, how can you sell something that you don't know when you are getting.

Some people will be happy with this, some won't....Reputation damage is as bad as financial damage.
ocuk I would imagine put in an order for say 50 cards, then it's down to manufacture to determine how much stock ocuk can receive out of the 50 they ordered, maybe I'm wrong but I don't blame ocuk at least I have a 3080 secured tbh

Associate

Probably because the delivery timescales are not clear to OC at this present time. As you have stated the contract is with OC then its by their own T&C's they stand which you have ageed into.

I'd suggest you cancel your order and try elsewhere instead of raging on here....nothing will change the situation, don't you think we all want our cards asap.....

Don

How can anyone answer what they don’t know, if they knew exact quantities they would tell you.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There is now an official landing page for stock and delivery updates. Please continue to check the website for more information (link)

CCC

CCC

Associate

Next week when the next set of queue emails are sent, things will become clearer. Unless you're very low on the queue, you aren't getting a card in the next few weeks, I know that for sure. Just have to be patient for the data. Honestly you wont get much better from any retailer than a 'live' queue. People need to remember that this isn't going to be over in days, it'll be months.

EDIT: Boom and there you go :) while I was writing ^^

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/news...ular-updates-on-deliveries-and-stock-559.html

Associate
There seems to be no ETA's at all for the Eagle specifically that I can find. Odd, as this is their "entry-level" AKA Cheapest model, so you'd expect them to be churning them out, especially as they don't need to bin the silicon, or do anything fancy with it.

I suppose a cynic could say they are prioritizing their more expensive cards, as they make more ££ from them, but that is pure speculation :D

... GigabyteUK officially tweeted on 29th September clearly stating more Eagles would be with retailers within the next 7days.

Associate
Ok guys im just gonna say it here:
319 in Queue for ROG Strix 3080 Gaming OC Card ordered at 17:48 on launch day.
ROG cards currently aren't even shipping from what ive heard atm due to them trying to find a stable way of binning the card for more-consistent clocks to make it perform better than their TUF card and potentially overcome this 2ghz issue.

Additionally its looking like Nov/December before im likely to get my card from the current out look and you know what. All you who are complaining about it not being "next day" or "fast delivery" obviously have never played video games on release day. Pre-order release days etc. Sites crash. Mass influx of people/orders and problems occur and it just so happens that this time its a stocking issue during a worldwide pandemic SHOCKER... go back 6 months there was gold rush for toilet paper for christ sake.

Just be patient and if your not willing to wait then cancel and pray that the AMD card is better and order that release day but i doubt they will have better stocking situations since the AIBs will still be dealing with this in their factories also so its just going to compound the issue even more. Better off just waiting it out and get it when you get it and ENJOY it. Stop flaming as it just causes more aggro and dont forget even on launch day it was "pre-order" not "buy now".

Associate
Here's hoping we get some in stock this week! At least 70... (I'm 69th in the queue...)
I have an order for one with a competitor. I got it in at 14:13 on 17th and have been told I'm 44th in the queue. They were meant to get a shipment from Gigabyte on 27th-29th. On 29th they announced the shipment had been delayed and changed the shipment date to the same one that was scheduled for the following week. However, judging by Gigabytes tweet, stock should land tomorrow or Tuesday with the hope of dispatch Wednesday for delivery by Friday. I'm hoping the delay in the shipment was to allow for more production, resulting in a larger shipment. One can hope.

Back
Top Bottom