Star wars squadrons to support vr

Soldato
One of the best VR experiences ive had in VR. Multiplayer is excellent. Running on a Rift S and 2070 super and getting steady 80fps with ultra settings (auto).
I did buy the origin version as ive heard the steam vr has a serious performance hit. Couldnt be happier with the game.

Soldato
Does the Origin version not use SteamVR anyway or does it just use the Oculus runtime?

One would have hoped that if they've bothered to implement the oculus runtimes they would have put them in the SteamVR version too so you could choose to run in oculus mode.

Associate
I don't like that the yaw is so flat. The original X-Wing and Tie Fighter had a bit of roll when you yawed which made it feel more dynamic.

While messing with the settings I discovered that setting roll and yaw to the same left/right axis on controller produced that old school turn mechanic. Does mean losing your sep roll/yaw though! I guess it made sense back then where the controllers typically wouldn't have twist function, let alone having rudder pedals.

Soldato
Just discovered, if you set the game to run at your monitor's resolution and then enable VR it carries on rendering the game on both - set the Res to minimum before toggling on VR for a big performance boost

And yes roll and pitch is faster to get on target I find, yaw seems slower.

Soldato
Just discovered, if you set the game to run at your monitor's resolution and then enable VR it carries on rendering the game on both - set the Res to minimum before toggling on VR for a big performance boost

Seems to be the same issue as No Mans Sky then - they're actually rendering in 3D two different viewports in full, instead of just taking the image from one eye before it's warped to fit the lens and pasting it into the game desktop window.

Possibly it's due to how the PSVR version works. Someone suggested the low-resolution stars were due to trying to make them visible without aliasing on the PSVR's very low resolution display.

Seems like the PC version may have been treated like the PSVR version without due regard for the resolution and graphics capabilities of PC VR systems.

Man of Honour

Is this with Steam or Origin? I'm wondering whether this is worse with SteamVR than with native oculus.

Soldato
Is this with Steam or Origin? I'm wondering whether this is worse with SteamVR than with native oculus.

The downloads are identical, but it might be that if you have steam running it tries to use OpenXR rather than native Oculus. But this problem exists on both as neither minimise the on screen rendering when enabling VR

Associate
OP
I have been running on my index without any issue through origin/ steam vr combo. Another option which may help performance is turning down the resolution scaling which affects the monitor only.

Soldato
Quest 2 arriving today.
EA Play sub ending tomorrow.
10 hour trial for this now seems to be working.

Happy days :D Can't wait to give it a go this afternoon!

Soldato
Disappointed to read all the bad reviews about this game. Was thinking about buying it.

Might just wait now until it's on sale sometime or comes to Gamepass on PC.

Soldato
Disappointed to read all the bad reviews about this game. Was thinking about buying it.

Might just wait now until it's on sale sometime or comes to Gamepass on PC.

There should be a trial on Game Pass when EA Play joins the service "later this year".

Back
Top Bottom