how do I bar a thread showing up on a forum page

Soldato
There are certain subjects that really annoy me for their stubborn thinking and some people become very caustic in their language.
I am at the stage now where I don't even want to read the thread anymore even though other posters put up good point they are always beaten down.
If it's there I an tempted to click on it just to see what the next reply is.

I do understand I can bar a poster but just wondered if I could bar the thread itself from popping up on my page.

vote to have OP's avatar changed to this

HHfarGN.jpeg

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'd like to block all of the @mrk threads, if I put him on ignore will that remove them?
Yes. They wont show up.

@DXP55 you can hide whole sections of the forums (so if you don’t want to look at anything in networking etc) but you can’t hide specific threads.

Caporegime
Currently 47 on my ignore list it seems :p
Makes it a nicer place but some threads get confusing when you’re missing context lol.

But you can still tell when people have posted because the timestamp bar is still there, you can still see when they have been quoted, and there is a "show hidden content" button at the bottom!

Makes it totally pointless IMO.

If I hit ignore on someone, I don't want to know that they have posted and have a button to unhide it on the fly...

Soldato
But you can still tell when people have posted because the timestamp bar is still there, you can still see when they have been quoted, and there is a "show hidden content" button at the bottom!

Makes it totally pointless IMO.

If I hit ignore on someone, I don't want to know that they have posted and have a button to unhide it on the fly...

ever considered just having some self-restraint to not click it?

kids these days

Caporegime
Ignore list is for cowards.

I use to think that, but lately I rather see it as time not wasted to even read the post they write, life is too short, even for a split second. It's not worth it, not even that much.

It's like I am not into reading Mums Net, if there is an entire section of the forum like mum's net, I would put that on ignore, save me a click. Slowly it all adds up. It's all about making the viewing experience more concise. Making this sentence Bold and Underline in case people miss this.

Plus, there is also the idea that you rise about it, don't interact with them, this is just taking it to the next level, don't read them, not even a glance, make it disappear. It's the same thing as not reading their posts/threads, no difference at all. If they want to bicker and quote me, let them talk to thin air.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom