What PC games are you playing?

Associate
If you have Fischl you can hit it with alternating elemental shots with her and Amber while avoiding all the attacks. Game uses MMO logic whereby if you kite an enemy too far from spawn it instantly disengages, returns to the start and full heals

I use her just because her bird thing will shoot airborne stuff too... I'm not sure what'd be the point in constantly swapping between her and amber though (I actually was using her anyway, in case the other one died and I ran outta res food, and to make the mob charge her dummy which actually did a bit of damage... but for elemental shots I'm not sure why that'd be important to alternate as I wouldn't need the elec+fire overload to break a geo shield, as it doesn't have one) ...

And yeah I get leashing, I'd expect that, but it was basically a small stone ring and it spawns in the middle, and I'd not left the wall (and had run over that part many many times in the course of the fight already) but it just seemed to give up anyhoo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Crusader kings 3 - really addictive and has taken me away from my total war obsession. I don't even care about the latest three kingdoms total war that came out, normally that would have been a day 1 purchase. Don't have time anymore.

Left 4 dead 2 - the new update has brought back more players including myself. I play a map or two then go back to crusader kings 3.

Soldato
Just finished AC Odyssey, was good but towards the end became a bit of a grind.

I still dabble in WH TW2 but I'm thinking I'll start metro exodus as i haven't played an fps outside of CS-GO for a while. Though i didn't finish 2033, does it matter if i do them in order? I think I've got all three if so (all that money spent on steam sales i better have!).

I think i need a new strategy game to get into as well as I've exhausted the TW series. I like most strategy/builder games (C&C, supcom, DOW etc. and i do enjoy an empire/city builder). Any recommendations?

I will start RDR2 at some point but I'll give the open world RPGs a break for now as I feel like i want to play something else. Anyone else go through phases of playing certain game types?

It's odyssey worth doing? I did 60-70 hours and the grind got to me and I stopped.

Associate
Playing valkaryie chronicles 4 while I wait for my 3090 to arrive. It’s a very good game and you can probably pick it up for cheap now. Also, all the dlc is now free which is a nice bonus for the fans.

Soldato
Mostly DCS, just messing about with the updated A-10C at the moment.

Also got back in to Elite: Dangerous, discovered the profit to be made in mining, went from Cobra MkIII to Anaconda in a few hours :)

Associate
I keep meaning to play Divinity Original Sin 2 but I just never have the time to invest in it. Same with x4 Foundations.

Manual job with two young kids just saps the energy from me these days. I must be getting old :D

I can recommend Divinity Original Sin 2. I bought it a year or more ago but never started it because it seemed too much of an investment of time. Recently started after selling my 2080ti and moving to an older card, and it's really got me hooked. Enjoying the characters, story, combat. Fairly easy to dip in and out of, too.

Soldato
After finishing Wasteland 3 and Outer Worlds I'm now giving the much maligned Rage 2 a go. I have no idea what to expect from it in terms of quality, but it certainly does not give a good first impression going by the first 20 minutes!

Wasteland 3 was excellent BTW, but I think it kind of lost its way in the final act tbh.

Soldato
Started Gears of War 5 (despite not playing any since the first one on the 360) and quite enjoying it so far.

Though to comical body proportions seems to annoy me more than it should

Soldato
Just started playing Strange Brigade. A lot more fun than I expected. Not too taxing but frankly I prefer fun to a brain workout when gaming. Enjoying the style, doesn't take itself seriously and great with co-op. The most I've played a single player mode in years. I thought I was getting too old for gaming but maybe just not found the right games for me.

Soldato
Just started playing Strange Brigade. A lot more fun than I expected. Not too taxing but frankly I prefer fun to a brain workout when gaming. Enjoying the style, doesn't take itself seriously and great with co-op. The most I've played a single player mode in years. I thought I was getting too old for gaming but maybe just not found the right games for me.

Looks great too!

Started Iron Harvest, pretty fun so far.

Associate

This is £3.69 on CDKEYS atm, thanks

Associate
Shadow of the Tomb Raider and seem to have finished the main storyline. Felt a bit short and not massively different from the first two iterations. The additional DLC stuff and some additional tombs are left to discover.

Back
Top Bottom