Spider-Man (PS4)

Soldato
Fired this back up in advance of Spider-Man Miles Morales being released and thought I really should try and finish it.

I was only about 20% through the campaign, not sure why I stopped playing it, but man this game is great fun.

Insomniac absolutely nailed the web swinging, when you get a really good flow going and you point jump off something, do a few flips, off something else, corner it and then just keep on going is brilliant.

If only my Pro wasn't louder than the bloody telly it'd be even better... :)

Soldato
I picked this up a couple of weeks ago in one of the sales, £22 for the full game and DLC. It is quite a lot better than I thought it would be, even on a standard PS4. You are right about the swinging, after taking a while getting used to it it becomes fun to do just on its own. I gather there is a fast travel doodaah later in the game, but at the moment I can't imagine not just swinging everywhere, even from one end of the map to the other. Funnily enough I am just about the start the second Shocker mission myself, after doing as much of the collectables up to that point.

Associate
I only completed this game a couple months back, ps4 pro. I do think it's a great game but I thought it got a little bit boring/easy towards the end unfortunately.

Hoping the new one is not just more of the same, although I suspect it will be. Feels like it should be a DLC, albeit I appreciate Spider Man actually came out waaaay before I picked it up and then got around to playing it.

V F

V F

Soldato
It's also a very fun plat if you guys enjoy it enough :)

It is indeed. I've still to complete DLC 2 and 3. Getting all trophies for the first DLC was fun.

I only completed this game a couple months back, ps4 pro. I do think it's a great game but I thought it got a little bit boring/easy towards the end unfortunately.

Hoping the new one is not just more of the same, although I suspect it will be. Feels like it should be a DLC, albeit I appreciate Spider Man actually came out waaaay before I picked it up and then got around to playing it.

Did you play on Ultimate?

Caporegime
I’ll be getting this with the Miles Morales ultimate edition when it’s finally added to the PS store. It’s one I missed this gen so looking forward to the remaster :)

Soldato
I hope they get rid of the annoying stealth sections in the new game, my god they are rubbish in this one.

Not that difficult but just dull as, quite jarring when you've just gone from swinging across a city battering multiple baddies at a time to pushing precariously balanced tool boxes off boxes.

Soldato
Just playing this through. Bought it before and had a bit of a break from it and found it annoying to get back into with the moves and traversal so i sold it on. Recently purchased the GOTY edition for cheap and although i was 85% through i started fresh. I have just got to the bit where it tells you that is the last time you can upgrade the suit or gadgets until you finish the game.

Associate
I know there’s going to be a remaster of this game for the ps5 but what improvements are there going to be playing the original on the ps5??

I assume just higher frame rate or are they giving us the remaster for free as we own the original?

Associate
I know there’s going to be a remaster of this game for the ps5 but what improvements are there going to be playing the original on the ps5??

I assume just higher frame rate or are they giving us the remaster for free as we own the original?

Not free, I think you have to buy the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition to get the Remastered Spider-Man, with an option to buy it separately on the store I think for around 20 bucks. Two modes like Miles, 60FPS without ray tracing, 30FPS with ray tracing.

Soldato

No you have to buy it again i'm afraid. It is a remaster with ray tracing and improved visuals and framerate. I'm not entirely happy to have to buy it again but I want to see how it looks on the PS5.

Associate
Heard so much about this and never been much of a console player, although I've always had one and played things like COD and fifa.
Thought I'd change that with the PS5, due to the nature of how good this game looked.

Spun it up, very impressed with it in all its glory, in 4k hdr. (no ray tracing) as I much prefer 60fps.
The game though, I love it! I've just hit 100% of the main mission and expected to get the plat trophy. Looks like I gotta do all the DLCs (which I do own) since I bought miles morales ultimate edition.
Anyone else know if I have to do all the DLCs to 100% to plat this now? Not too bothered, more for reference - but would be good to know!

Cheers.

Soldato
Heard so much about this and never been much of a console player, although I've always had one and played things like COD and fifa.
Thought I'd change that with the PS5, due to the nature of how good this game looked.

Spun it up, very impressed with it in all its glory, in 4k hdr. (no ray tracing) as I much prefer 60fps.
The game though, I love it! I've just hit 100% of the main mission and expected to get the plat trophy. Looks like I gotta do all the DLCs (which I do own) since I bought miles morales ultimate edition.
Anyone else know if I have to do all the DLCs to 100% to plat this now? Not too bothered, more for reference - but would be good to know!

Cheers.

DLC achievements are usually separate from the main ones so you should be able to plat it on its own - no idea if this one is different - it might be because this is the Ultimate Edition, which comes with all the DLC included, so not sure. Check which ones are there which are outstanding in your achievements list.

Back
Top Bottom