• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Fingers crossed then that you should recieve it in the not to distant future.
It’s the strix non-OC so I doubt it. That’s why I’m so annoyed. I had no idea when I ordered the non-OC wasn’t being prioritised. If I would have ordered another card I possibly could have had one by now. I just wish there would have been clear communication before the release. And I’m not just blaming OCUK here, Asus have been absolutely shocking

Associate
Not to mention this Gem - "We are receiving and shipping cards on a daily basis as they arrive from the various manufacturers." - taken from here - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/nvidia-30-series-status

If they are receiving and shipping daily, why isn't that being reported?
Obviously, because they aren't.

But now a mod will come in and explain that that isn't really a lie and OCuk is actually an example of crystal clear communication.

Soldato
I'm out, I've cancelled my order for the TUF (none OC) ...the queue is so long and there are so many people waiting for cards (that one especially) that seem to have sold the one they had, I can help just a tiny little bit by releasing one card, so I have as I really don't need it. I can wait until there is real availability, perhaps next year or maybe AMD will surprise me, who knows but I also don't really want to have my money earning interest for someone else like that, it's just not the way it's 'supposed' to work, not for what seems increasingly likely to actually really truly be months and months rather than just weeks.

I really can't believe how many posts I have read by people who actually sold their only 'decent' card before the launch so now either have nothing or a potato to try and play with, I'm really glad I didn't do that myself.

Sounds like my queue position is now 1418 instead of 1419 after your cancellation :D

Associate
I figure it out bois, more than 30 with show, less than 20 is "small", less than 10 is "very small".
JufIW0J.jpg

pfvRLwV

Last edited:
Associate
This not knowing when we are getting a product we spent a lot of cash on is very frustrating. I sold my 2070 Super before these launched and am sitting here with a useless PC. Very tempted to just buy a second hand 2080Ti and run that for a few years.

Associate
This made my toes curl....

"Although we may not currently have the stock available to fulfill every order immediately, we are in the best possible position to acquire it before every other UK retailer. This means the only place to preorder right now is at Overclockers UK!"
Yeah... As though the fact they're still taking pre-orders when they have a queue in excess of 8500 cards wasn't bad enough already, that really rubs me up the wrong way.

Associate
This not knowing when we are getting a product we spent a lot of cash on is very frustrating. I sold my 2070 Super before these launched and am sitting here with a useless PC. Very tempted to just buy a second hand 2080Ti and run that for a few years.

I had a funny feeling we wernt going to get are new cards anytime soon..Hence is why i kept my 2070S until my Strix OC comes then ill move my 2070S on

Associate
I know, just some know which variants are most likely to be in stock or estimate which would be coming into stock first

None of us work for OCUK here. No-one from OCUK is giving any definitive info on stock deliveries. Gibbo in the other thread is giving bare minimum updates. Reality is, if you've ordered and are way down the queue, then either cancel your order (if you need the money) or just forget about it for a while, otherwise you'll drive yourself mad.

Soldato
Sounds like my queue position is now 1418 instead of 1419 after your cancellation :D

Haha well glad I could make someone a little happier today. My queue position was also over 1000 so that did play into my decision to be honest, if I had been under about 200 I would probably have just hung on anyway.

But I have been reminding myself the last week just how damn fast my 1080Ti still is anyway, it's a great card and as much as I want a 3080 and I had always planned to miss the 2000 series and upgrade to the 3000 series anyway ...it's still a damn fast card and does everything I want it to do and more I just can't experience RTX but most people tell me that I'm not really missing much anyway.

Associate
I was/still am 2nd in the Que for the EAGLE OC 3080. no delivery or dispatch email yet... Just letting you know. saw a few people asking if anyone had a delivery or a dispatch email

Back
Top Bottom