• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Fan fixed but RPM erratic

Associate
Hi,

as per the title, I have a RTX 2070 Super (from OCUK) that’s only about a month and a bit old. When gaming the fan increases as per fan curve however when observed in MSI Afterburner the RPM is really erratic, it’s recording variations from 2000rpm to 4000rpm which makes for quite obvious noise changes from the case.

I wonder if this is fine or a sign that the card is not working as normal? The card runs cool, currently 52degrees in flight sim with 92% usage so I’m happy with performance but slightly worried about the fan RPM variation.

Thanks!

Paul

Soldato
most likely a GPU BIOS bug set a fan profile in MSI afterburner see if the issue disappears, if it does it most likely the GPU BIOS
If not then card is faulty and reading the FAN/GPU temps incorrectly

Back
Top Bottom