Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
mTLwH9t.jpg
MazWfuL.jpg

Picked this up a week ago, '17 530e M sport. Boat load of options on it.

Ivory White Nappa leather with exclusive contrast stitching/piping
Driver Assistance Plus
Radar Cruise Control
Lane Keep Assistance
Visibility package
Headlight wash
Adaptive LED Headlights
High-beam Assistant
Technology package
Head-up Display
Enhanced Bluetooth with wireless charging
BMW Gesture Control
WiFi hotspot preparation
Premium package
Bootlid operation, powered
Comfort seats, front
Air conditioning, automatic with four-zone control
Ambient Air package
Massage function, front
Ceramic finish for controls
Comfort Access
M Sport Plus package
20" BMW Ind V-spoke style 759 alloy wheels
Sun protection glass
Bowers & Wilkins Diamond surround sound system
M rear spoiler
Variable Damper Control (VDC)
Steering wheel heating
Model designation deletion
Soft-close doors
Seat heating, front and rear
Poplar Grain Grey interior trim with Pearl Chrome
eDrive exterior sound
LED foglights, front
Driving Assistant Plus
Apple CarPlay
Headlining, Anthracite
Microsoft Exchange

I love it, so much tech, so comfortable. I find I'm doing most driving in eDrive, and pre-warming in the morning is awesome. Icon adaptive LED headlights have to be my favourite feature, phenomenal lighting.

Man of Honour
How on earth have you managed to find one with all that?!

It's virtually impossible to find just cars with the icon LED lights let alone driver assistance plus.

Soldato
How on earth have you managed to find one with all that?!

It's virtually impossible to find just cars with the icon LED lights let alone driver assistance plus.

Yep, saw it and had to have it. I don't have much interest in base spec cars, 5 series tend to be very light on features, I looked at a lot of them.

Man of Honour
It can only imagine it's an ex launch press demo with that spec. It's incredible.

I have never seen a 540i for sale used with both the icon lights and the driver assistance pro for example let alone the rest of it and trust me I've looked.

Soldato
It can only imagine it's an ex launch press demo with that spec. It's incredible.

I have never seen a 540i for sale used with both the icon lights and the driver assistance pro for example let alone the rest of it and trust me I've looked.

It's actually not, bought it from the first owner, a wealthy businessman, he's just bought a new Taycan.

Soldato
Nice. It’s almost poetic seem Clarkey in a hybrid now :D
How so? I love the electric drive, so smooth and quiet. Makes me wonder what a faster one like a Tesla drives like, the motor is not very powerful in this. I think it's unusual in that it isn't direct drive, rather it drives through the auto trans.

Caporegime
How so? I love the electric drive, so smooth and quiet. Makes me wonder what a faster one like a Tesla drives like, the motor is not very powerful in this. I think it's unusual in that it isn't direct drive, rather it drives through the auto trans.

I guess it has to be that way in order to assist the engine in hybrid mode though.

Soldato
How so? I love the electric drive, so smooth and quiet.

Just the ribbing you gave me all those years ago about the Insight.

I guess it has to be that way in order to assist the engine in hybrid mode though.

Not at all, the typical “through the road” hybrid where FWD cars get a electric rear drive system do the same and more efficient.

This 530e is a good way for the longitudinal engines with that 8HP ZF unit to add electric drive, e machine and clutch instead of a torque converter and gives a more linear mix of power and regen (on 4WD) cars. E machine also benefits from having multi-speed gears - it’s kind of the more premium execution.

Back
Top Bottom