Over heating h115i

Associate
I've been having problems with over heating,my idle temps are about 50oC and mid 80's when gaming...I have a 8700k and a h115i,I took the block off of the CPU and re applied paste a couple of weeks ago,re seated the block (there is perfect contact between the block and CPU) and seemed to do the trick but am now back to having high temps,the fans for the cooler are mounted to the top of the case with air being taken from inside the case and extracted from the top...I've noticed on one of the pipes that the heat seems to sit in one place while the other pipe is nice and cool,just after the block I can feel quite a bit of heat but from halfway of the pipe to where the fans are it seems to be a lot more cooler so I was wondering what the problem is...is the pump knackered?..I can feel the pipes vibrating as if they are working but the problem seems to be the heat isn't being carried fully out from the pipe and extracted by the fans,fans are working perfectly and at full speed and pump speed is at roughly 2000 rpm but I can change it to 3000rpm which seems to make no difference...I found a similar post before posting on here just for reference https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/cpu-running-too-hot-at-idle-5820k-h115i.18870096/ ....I just want to exhaust all possible problems before I go out and buy a replacement aio,any questions please ask and I'll do my best to answer

Associate
OP
Seems as if the pipe is cool right next to the CPU block and then a couple of inches from the block it's warm,then there's a hot spot in the pipe and then from half way to where the extraction fans are it go's cool again

Associate
OP
Also the air that's being extracted seems to be cold,i've felt it before pumping out heat and with the temps that are happening I would have thought I would feel heat coming out

Back
Top Bottom